Third Interchange Contour
Third Interchange Contour/|
|Track gauge||1,520 mm (4 ft 11 27⁄32 in)|
The Third Interchange Contour (Russian: Третий пересадочный контур, Trety peresadochny kontur, IPA: [ˈtrʲetʲɪj pʲɪrʲɪˈsadət͡ɕnɨj ˈkontʊr]. Also known as "the second circle line") or Khodynskaya Line (Ходынская линия) is a proposed rapid transit line of Moscow Metro. It is planned to be a second circle line running outside of the existing Koltsevaya (Ring) Line. The Third Interchange Contour is also planned to include one branch to Delovoy Tsentr.
By December 2015, the following stations are planned to be opened:
- Nizhnyaya Maslovka (transfer to Savyolovskaya on the Serpukhovsko-Timiryazevskaya Line)
- Petrovsky Park (transfer to Dinamo on the Zamoskvoretskaya Line
- Khodynskoe Pole
- Khoroshyovskaya (transfer to Polezhayevskaya on the Tagansko-Krasnopresnenskaya Line)
Additionally, the following sections of the Third Interchange Contour are planned to open in 2015, but are listed as separate projects:
- from Khoroshyovskaya to Delovoy Tsentr. Current metro maps show only one intermediate station along this stretch at Shelepikha. Previous plans that have since been canceled showed up to three stations along this section. There are no firm plans for continuing this part of the line past Delovoy Tsentr at the current time.
- Western section - from Khoroshyovskaya to Kuntsevskaya. This section will become a through section of the Third Interchange Contour.
Continuing the ring
In 2016, the Northeastern section is scheduled to be completed. This section includes the part of the line from Nizhnyaya Maslovka to Aviamotornaya. The Third Interchange Contour will run from Aviamotornaya to Nizhegorodskaya Ulitsa along the same routing as the Kozhukhovskaya Line, which is also scheduled to open in 2016.
By 2017, the Eastern section from Nizhegorodskaya Ulitsa to Kashirskaya is scheduled to be complete. This will connect the Third Interchange Contour to the present-day Kakhovskaya Line, the first part of the outer ring line to open in 1969.
Completing the ring
Current plans call for the rest of the Third Interchange Contour to be opened in November 2018. The remainder of the ring is split into two projects:
- Southwestern Section - from Kuntsevskaya to Prospekt Vernadskogo
- Southern Section - from Prospekt Vernadskogo to Kakhovskaya
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Third Interchange Contour.|
- "Перспективы развития" (in Russian). Moscow Metro. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS". Moscow Metro official site. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Метроускорение: Собянин ставит на рывок в развитии московской подземки (Sergey Sobyanin urges acceleration of the metro development)" (in Russian). Prime-tass.ru. 2010-12-20. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "В 2015 году протяженность столичной подземки увеличится на 6 станций" (in Russian). The Integrated Body for Urban Design Policy and Development of Moscow. 2011-12-02. Retrieved 2011-10-22.