Third Person Singular Number
|Third Person Singular Number|
|Directed by||Mostofa Sarwar Farooki|
|Produced by||Impress Telefilm Ltd|
|Written by||Anisul Hoque|
|Starring||Mosharraf Karim, Nusrat Imrose Tisha, Abul Hayat, Rashed Uddin Ahmed and Lekha Haque|
|Cinematography||Late Subrata Ripon|
|Editing by||Titash Shaha|
|Distributed by||Impress Telefilm Ltd|
|Release dates||11 December 2009|
|Running time||123 minutes|
Third Person Singular Number is a Bengali language film directed by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki and written jointly by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki and Anisul Hoque. The film stars actors Mosharraf Karim and Nusrat Imrose Tisha.
This film was premiered at the Pusan International Film Festival 2009. It then went on to compete in Abu Dhabi Film Festival. The film had its European premier at the Rotterdam IFF 2010. The film traveled various festivals and bagged best director award in Dhaka International Film Festival 2010. It was Bangladesh's official entry to the 83rd Oscar's foreign film category, but didn't make the final shortlist.
Cast and credit
- Written by:- Anisul Hoque & Mostofa Sarwar Farooki
- Inspired by:- Syed Manzoorul Islam's Novel
- Script & Direction:- Mostofa Sarwar Farooki.
- Cast:- Mosharrof Karim, Nusrat Imrose Tisha, Topu, Abul Hayat, Dicon Nur, Aparna Shuveccha,& Many More
- Cinematography:- Subrata Ripon
- Editing:- Titash Saha
- Background Music:- Leemon
- Sound:- Ripon Nath
- Subtitle:- Premendra Mazumdar
- Online Editing:- Ripon Shaha
- Location sound:- Nahid Masood
- Art Direction:- Zia Uddin Shadhin
- Production Designer:- Golam Kibria
- Executive Producer:- Faridur Reza Sagor
- Ebne Hasan Khan:- Produced By Impress Telefilm Ltd
- Premiered in Busan International Film Festival 2009
- Official competition, Middle East International Film Festival, Abu Dhabi 2009
- Official selection, International Film Festival Rotterdam, 2010
- Awarded Best Director, Dhaka International Film Festival, 2010
- Official Competition, Tiburon International Film Festival, 2010
- Official Competition, Festival Cinema Africano, Asia, America Latina,Milano, Italy, 2010
- Awarded Best Film, Best Director, Best actress (Critics) in Meril Prothom Alo Awards 2010 (Bangladesh’s most acclaimed award)
- 3rd I SAFF San Francisco 2010.
- Jogja-NETPAC Asian Film Festival, Indonesia 2010.
- Fribourg International Film Festival 2011
- Cine Mundial, Czech Republic, March 2011
- East End Film Festival, London, 2011
- 4th Women’s International Film Festival, Chennai, 2011
- Official Competition, Levante International Film Festival 2011
Variety wrote about the film "Third Person Singular Number is a thoroughly modern, stylistically assured story of a young woman.....combining an indie sensibility with sub continental elements" Bangladeshi film critic Saif Samir criticized the film and gave the film 2.5 out of 5 stars.
- List of submissions to the 83rd Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Bangladeshi submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "'Third Person Singular Number’ to compete in foreign language category in Oscar Award". The New Nation. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar® Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "'Variety review". Variety. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "'Saif Samir Movie Review". SAIFSAMIR.COM. Retrieved 2012-05-22.