|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
How to reach
1. From Chennai take the Poonamallee high road.
2. Just after Motel Highway on the left hand side, take the immediate right (usually taken en route to Tirupati).
- (Note: be cautious as this is a major Bangalore highway and an accident prone area)
3. After making a right go for 500 yards.
4. You see the Jagannatha temple gopuram on the left hand side.
5. As you go along, you can ask for directions to the Veetrirunda Perumal temple
As of 2001[update] India census, Thirumazhisai had a population of 16,286. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Thirumazhisai has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 57%. In Thirumazhisai, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa informed the Assembly on 8 September 2011 that a new Satellite Township would be built at Thirumazhisai at a cost of Rs 2,160 crores.
Places of worship
Thirumazhisai is a punniya sthalam [holy place] and has a lot of temples. To list a few of the temples
1. Thirumazhisai Aazhwar temple :Also known as Jagannatha Perumal temple. One of the twelve Alvars of Vaishnavism was born in Thirumazhisai hence was called as Tirumazhisai-aazhvaar. This temple opens around 7:30 am.
2. Othandeeswar temple : A shiva temple kai thanda pran [devotee who gave his hand]. It is told that this temple was built at this site as Lord Shiva showed himself here to the devotee(King Kulothunga Chola) who cut off his hand when he accidentally used his sword to cut the climbers on the Lingam to pave way
3. Veetirundha Perumal temple: This is also one of the main temple in Thirumazhisai. It is very close to Jagannathar temple. Hardly 10 minutes walk. In this temple there is a Hanuman sannidhi. He is called as the Doctor's Doctor. People who visit Jagannatha Perumal go to this temple and get the blessings of lord Veetirundha Perumal and lord Hanuman.
A 200-million multi-storied industrial complex for micro industries is being built at Tirumazhisai, aimed at meeting the sector’s need for more industrial space.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Industrial Complex at Tirumazhisai". The New Indian Express (Chennai: Express Publications). 9 January 2014. Retrieved 18 Jan 2014.
|This article related to a location in Tiruvallur district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|