This Ain't Avatar XXX
|This Ain't Avatar XXX|
|Directed by||Axel Braun|
|Produced by||Larry Flynt|
|Written by||Marc Star|
|Edited by||Axel Braun
|Distributed by||Hustler Video|
|Running time||129 minutes|
|Budget||Most expensive film Hustler produced.|
This Ain't Avatar XXX is a 2010 3D pornographic film that parodies James Cameron's Avatar. The film was shot, edited, and directed by Axel Braun, and stars an ensemble cast headed by Chris Johnson as Jake, the main human character. It was produced by Hustler Video.
After the original events of Avatar, Jake reveals in a video log that the Na'bi has a darker side. After sexual flashbacks which show moments in the film which purport to show what actually happened, the film shows what occurs after the human corporation leaves Pandhora. The Na'bi turn out to be "fetish-fueled sex fiends", who have a massive orgy after the corporation leaves, and then reveal their true purpose for keeping humans in a twist ending.
- Evan Stone as Quaritch
- Chris Johnson as Jake
- Nicki Hunter as Grace
- Danica Dillan as Trudy
- Eric Swiss as Norm
- Misty Stone as Neytiri
- Lexington Steele as Tsu'tey
- Chanel Preston as Mo'at
- Juelz Ventura as Human slave
- Alec Knight as Eytukan
Chris Johnson was chosen as "Jake", which was based on the main character from the original Avatar film. Nicki Hunter played "Grace", Jake's human guide to the Na'bi. Eric Swiss was cast as "Norm", another human explorer of Panwhora. Misty Stone was slated to play Jake's Na'bi love interest, and Lexington Steele and Chanel Preston were both cast as leaders of the Na'bi tribe.
A series of pornography parody films were originally proposed as a joke by Axel Braun, the film's eventual director. Hustler then published a press release with a series of fake parody films (including Glee and FOX News); one of the films listed was an Avatar parody, and the producers at Hustler and Braun began serious discussions about the creation of an Avatar porn film. In March 2010, Hustler announced that Braun would be officially directing the film.
Marc Star was tapped by Hustler to write the screenplay, where he came up with the idea of having the movie take place after the end of the original Avatar, and to have the sex scenes shown through video logs before and during the original film. In order to avoid confusion with it actually being part of James Cameron's Avatar universe, the names of many objects in the universe are subtly changed to parody the original Avatar. The Na'vi are referred to as Na'bi, the planet Pandora was renamed to Panwhora, and instead of being after unobtainium, the humans are after viagratanium.
In order to film the 3D sequences, Hustler contacted an outside company with 3D expertise to train their personnel and to lease their equipment. The director struggled to maneuver the 3D cameras during some of the sequences, but Braun was pleased with the end result. In order to achieve a look similar to that of the blue Na'vi from Avatar, makeup artists used gallons of blue paint on the Na'bi actresses in order to achieve a close look to that of the film. Prosthetics were attached to the performers' faces to simulate their alien nature. The film finished production in late June 2010.
- Venus Award 2010 - Special Jury Award Movie and Film.
- AVN Awards 2011 - Best 3D Release.
- XBIZ Awards 2011 - Best Art Direction
- XBIZ Awards 2011 - Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Westbrook, Logan (July 21, 2010). "Hustler Making 3D Avatar Porn Movie". The Escapist. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- Kernes, Mark (September 9, 2010). "Blue Movie: On the Set of Hustler’s ‘This Ain’t Avatar XXX 3D’". AVN. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- d'Estries, Michael (June 17, 2010). "'Avatar' porn film goes 3-D". MNN. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- Axon, Samuel (September 2010). "Watch "Avatar" Porn In 3D, Courtesy of Hustler". Mashable. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- Warren, Peter (March 23, 2010). "Hustler Taps Axel Braun to Direct 'Avatar'". AVN. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- alexonx (October 7, 2010). "This ain't Avatar XXX' Trailer". filmissimo.it. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- "Movie Review: This Ain't Avatar XXX - Blu-Ray". Adult Video News. September 28, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- "Venus Awards Nominations and Winners". Venus Award. January 9, 2011. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. January 9, 2011. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- "2011 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". Xbiz.com. February 10, 2011. Retrieved February 10, 2011.
- Official website
- This Ain't Avatar XXX at the Internet Movie Database
- This Ain't Avatar XXX at the Adult Film Database
- This Ain't Avatar XXX at the Internet Adult Film Database