This Is Hot 97
|This Is Hot 97|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||March 31, 2014– May 19, 2014|
This Is Hot 97 is an reality-based docu-comedy television series that debuted on VH1 on March 31, 2014. The series is executive produced by Mona Scott-Young for Monami Entertainment, Toby Barraud, Stefan Springman, Mala Chapple and Ian Gelfand for Eastern, and Susan Levison, Brad Abramson and Stephen Mintz for VH1.
This Is Hot 97 chronicles the lives of the air staffers and employees who work at Rhythmic Top 40 outlet WQHT/New York City, using a combination of their real life persona's mixed in with unscripted and improvised comedic elements.
- Cipha Sounds, the station's morning co-host, actor, comedian, and remixer
- Peter Rosenberg, Cipha's morning co-host and television personality
- Laura Stylez, airstaffer
- Ebro Darden, WQHT's program director and Vice President of Programming for Emmis Communications, the station's owner
- Karlie Hustle, airstaffer
- DJ Enuff, airstaffer and mixer with the Heavy Hitters
- Angie Martinez, afternoon host, actress and singer
- Funkmaster Flex, evening host, remixer and music producer
- Miss Info, entertainment and gossip reporter
- Kanye West
- Mike Tyson
- Mack Wilds
- Carrie Keagan
- Alexia Rosenberg
- Coco Austin
- Iggy Azalea
- Stevie J
- Joseline Hernandez
- Alex Cameron (WQHT's station manager)
|No.||Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"Not That Kind Of Show"||March 31, 2014||1.43|
|Ebro informs the air staff that VH1 is doing a reality show about Hot 97, but everyone have their own ideas which goes to their heads, as Cipha and Rosenberg decide to take over the program; Angie is upset that Flex is getting more tweets than she is, and at every second when she's around him; Ebro, who wants to get celebrities to appear on the show, presents the idea to Macklemore (who is upset that Ebro would prefer Justin Timberlake over him) and gets turned down by Kanye West, who just did a segment with Angie while the cameras was rolling, but afterwards tells Ebro he doesn't do television. Mike Tyson and Maino visits the station.|
|2||"The Ménage"||April 7, 2014||0.84|
|Rosenberg is invited to appear on VH1 Big Morning Buzz, where his interest in (former host) Carrie Keagan's breast also attracts the attention of his wife Alexia, who also appears on Carrie's program after she is lead to believe by Ebro and Cipha that Rosenberg is "dating" Carrie, which also blows out of proportion; Info is wondering who is stealing her food, prompting real culprit Flex to find a fall guy to blame by spending time with Mack Wilds, who also help Enuff out after Angie criticizes his video game skills.|
|3||"Training Day"||April 14, 2014||1.16|
|In an effort to place a zero tolerance policy at the station on and off the air, Ebro decides its time to have the WQHT air staff take sensitivity training after Rosenburg makes an inappropriate comment about Lauren's chest, which is followed by Lauren, Angie, Cipha and Rosenberg making comments about "balls" that get out of hand when Rosenberg places his crotch too close to Cipha's face, that is later followed by Angie touching Coco Austin's ass when she shows up for an interview with Angie and teaches her how to squat correctly, leading to the male staffers taking photos of this "incident." But the first training session makes matters worse as everyone involved starts making more offensive comments at each other. The situation later makes matters even worser than ever when Flex introduces a talking doll based on his likeness that uses offensive language. This prompts Ebro's boss, Station Manager Alex Cameron, who wants Ebro to tell Flex that the doll "is faulty as Flex's ears," to take action into his own hands and forces the entire air staff to take a weekend sensitivity course. Meanwhile, Rosenberg feels slighted by Mike Tyson after the former boxer visits the station during Cipha and Rosenberg's show and incorrectly calls out the latter's first name as "Dave", not knowing that the staffers are in on the flub because Rosenberg is a fan of Tyson.|
|4||"Holy Mackleroni"||April 21, 2014||0.99|
|Ebro decides to hold a surprise party for Macklemore as a way to make up for dissing him after he won his Grammy award, and puts Lauren in charge of the festivities. The only problem is she has to work with only a $5 budget, but thanks to Flex and Info, she finds a way to stretch it; Angie cashes in on donations for her son's candy drive by sweetening the pot with money she hustles and scams out of Maino, Flex, and Info; Cipha and Maino play mind games on Rosenberg's Jewish psyche.|
|5||"Infinity"||April 28, 2014||0.95|
|Angie is looking for a new vehicle, and Flex has no problem in helping her find that new car smell, since he happens to own a dealership-like assortment of rides to choose from; Lauren and Karlie discovers that Ebro might have a girlfriend after they notice glitter on him and later finds a gift bag he had in his possession; Cipha admits to Rosenberg that he had a crush on Ricki Lake (which dates back to her 1993-2004 television series), but when he notices a intern dressed in attire similar to how Lake dressed on the show, he tries to find a way to meet her and see if she is the real Ricki. Jadakiss and The Lox make cameos.|
|6||"Odd Couples"||May 5, 2014||1.09|
|Angie and Roseberg take time out from their schedule to get a facial, not knowing that they just missed a important meeting involving a client; Info tries to keep Action Bronson at a distance after he makes a move on her; Flex attempt to avoid Stevie J and Joseline after he loses to both of them during a poker game.|
|7||"Gutter Ball"||May 12, 2014||0.88|
|When Cipha and Lauren discovers Rick Ross' passion for bowling, they attempt to get him to join their bowling team. Meanwhile, Ebro gets unlikely advice from a visiting French Montana after he discovers that he not that popular among his listeners based on his likability. Wale and DJ Khaled make cameos.|
|8||"The Turn Up"||May 19, 2014||0.95|
|The WQHT air staffers, in a effort to secure a second season of This Is Hot 97, pulls all the stops to attract more viewers. Meanwhile, Angie is enticed with a offer from Black Thought to do a sex tape, and Iggy Azalea responds to Rosenberg's claims that the Australian rapper's ass is laced with injections.|
- "VH1 To Launch Hot 97 New York TV Series" from Radio Insight (March 5, 2014)
- "VH1 Greenlights Spring Summer 2014 Series" from VH1 (March 5, 2014)
- Bibel, Sara (April 1, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'T.I. and Tiny', 'Black Ink Crew', 'Bates Motel', 'Archer', 'Being Human', 'Dallas' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 8, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Tops Night + 'Basketball Wives', 'WWE Hall of Fame', 'Bates Motel' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 15, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'Basketball Wives', 'Bates Motel', 'Archer', 'Dallas' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 22, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Lead Night + WWE Raw, 'Basketball Wives', 'Blank Ink Crew' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 29, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' & NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Fast N Loud', 'The Boondocks, 'Bates Motel' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 6, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Lead Night + 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta', 'Monday Night RAW', 'The Boondocks' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (May 13, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Love & Hip Hop', 'WWE Raw', 'Louie' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 20, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Basketball Leads Night + 'Love & Hip Hop', 'Monday Night RAW', 'T.I. & Tiny' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 20, 2014.