This Is Me (Camp Rock song)
|"This Is Me"|
|Single by Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas|
|from the album Camp Rock|
|B-side||This Is Me (Acoustic version)
Gotta Find You
|Released||June 6, 2008 (Radio Disney)
June 17, 2008 (iTunes)
|Format||Digital download, airplay|
|Genre||Pop rock, teen pop|
|Length||3:09 (Album version)
3:28 (Acoustic version without Joe Jonas)
|Writer(s)||Adam Watts, Andy Dodd|
|Producer(s)||Adam Watts, Andy Dodd|
|Camp Rock singles chronology|
"This Is Me", is a song performed by Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas from the Disney Channel television film Camp Rock and the fourth and final single from the Camp Rock soundtrack. It premiered on Radio Disney on June 6, 2008 and was released by Walt Disney Records onto the iTunes Store on June 17, 2008. A live version is also included on Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience. The single has sold 901,000 digital copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
"This is Me" is a midtempo pop song with influences from pop rock and teen pop. This is the first song that Demi Lovato's character, Mitchie Torres, sang in Camp Rock with Joe Jonas's character, Shane Gray. Mitchie wrote the song in the beginning of the film, and was later heard (in an acoustic version on piano), but not seen, by Shane, who set out to search for the girl behind the amazing voice. After most people performed already in the "Final Jam" session, Mitchie sing the song (original version) and Shane saw her and sing part of the song he wrote, "Gotta Find You". The two songs are combined to make the original version, as featured on the Camp Rock soundtrack CD.
Lovato also recorded a Spanish version of the song, titled "Lo Que Soy" (literally meaning What I Am), using the acoustic version of the song, released on the deluxe edition of Don't Forget and as a video featuring her singing the song while playing the piano.
The music video is an excerpt from Camp Rock. It premiered on Disney Channel on June 10, 2008.
Lo Que Soy
"Lo Que Soy" is the Spanish version of the song "This Is Me" of the soundtrack of the film Camp Rock. "Lo Que Soy" was included on the deluxe edition of Lovato's debut album Don't Forget. The song includes the part of "Gotta Find You", but Joe Jonas does not sing.
The music video consist in the scenes of Lovato playing the piano and singing. In the video appear scenes of Camp Rock. The music video was released to Disney Channel in Spain, Portugal and some states of South America. The video was directed by Edgar Romero.
- Disney Girlz Rock, Vol. 2: Features the Acoustic Extended Version, performed by Demi Lovato.
- Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience: Soundtrack features a live version, performed by Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers.
- Studio DC: Almost Live: Episode 2 features a performance by Demi Lovato and Beaker.
- Disney Channel Playlist: Original version is featured on this compilation album, released on June 9, 2009.
- Holly Hull single: Hull got to record a version of the song as the prize for winning My Camp Rock, a show on Disney Channel UK where contestants competed to record a song from Camp Rock and an accompanying music video.
- Camp Rock French soundtrack: French version of the song sung by Sheryne and renamed "Etre moi". A videoclip special for this French version has been filmed.
- Lucie Jones from The X Factor performed the song during the fifth week on November 7, 2009, the week of her controversial elimination from the show, where Simon Cowell contradicted himself by saying she was the best girl in the competition then was the cause of her elimination the next day.
- In 2011, rapper Bizzy Crook sampled the song.