This Is Where I Leave You
|This Is Where I Leave You|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Shawn Levy|
|Produced by||Shawn Levy
|Written by||Jonathan Tropper|
|Based on||This Is Where I Leave You
by Jonathan Tropper
|Music by||Michael Giacchino|
|Edited by||Dean Zimmerman|
Spring Creek Productions
21 Laps Entertainment
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Running time||103 minutes|
This Is Where I Leave You is an upcoming American comedy-drama film directed by Shawn Levy. It is based on the book of the same name by Jonathan Tropper, who also wrote the film's screenplay. The film will be released on September 19, 2014.
The four pugnacious siblings of the Altman (changed from Foxman in the novel) family (Bateman, Fey, Driver, and Stoll) reunite at their childhood home after their father dies, all grounded for a week of sitting Shiva (their father's last request).
- Jason Bateman as Judd Altman, one of the four combative siblings of the Altman family and the protagonist. He is married to Quinn, whom he recently caught cheating on him with his boss.
- Tina Fey as Wendy Altman, one of the four siblings; a responsible mother who is married to Barry and has 2 kids. She is the ex-girlfriend of her childhood friend Horry.
- Adam Driver as Phillip Altman, one of the four siblings; the playboy of the family who is nothing like his father. He is the baby of the family who has grown into perhaps the most troubled of the lot.
- Rose Byrne as Penny Moore, Judd's high school love interest.
- Corey Stoll as Paul Altman, one of the four siblings; the no-nonsense brother who is responsible for the family business. He is married to Alice.
- Kathryn Hahn as Alice Altman, Paul's wife. She and Paul have been trying to have a baby for a long time.
- Connie Britton as Tracy, Phillip's girlfriend.
- Timothy Olyphant as Horry, Wendy's ex-boyfriend, who still lives with his mother across the street from the Altman family home due to a brain injury he suffered when he and Wendy were dating.
- Abigail Spencer as Quinn (changed from Jen in the novel), Judd's estranged wife, whom Judd left after discovering her affair with Wade.
- Dax Shepard as Wade Boulanger, a shock jock radio personality and Judd's former boss, whom Judd discovered having an affair with Quinn.
- Jane Fonda as Hillary Altman, the oversexed widowed mother of Judd, Phillip, Wendy and Paul. She is a celebrity psychologist, having written a highly-successful guide to raising children.
- Aaron Lazar as Barry Weissman, Wendy's husband.
- Ben Schwartz as "Boner", the family’s young rabbi, who is determined to bring a cool, modern edge to their faith’s longstanding traditions of mourning.
- Cade Lappin as Cole Altman
- Debra Monk as Linda, the Altman's neighbor, mother of Horry, and Hillary's best friend and confidant.
On October 9, 2013, Michael Giacchino was hired to score the film. On August 25, 2014, it was announced that WaterTower Music would release a soundtrack album for the film on September 16, 2014.
This Is Where I Leave You has received generally mixed reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds a rating of 53%, based on 17 reviews, with an average rating of 5.8/10. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 51 out of 100, based on 9 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- "THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU (15)". Warner Bros. British Board of Film Classification. April 9, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- Breznican, Anthony (April 11, 2013). "Connie Britton to romance Adam Driver in all-star 'This Is Where I Leave You' -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly.
- McNary, Dave (November 26, 2013). "Jason Bateman, Tina Fey Comedy ‘This Is Where I Leave You’ Finds a Home". Variety. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- "Connie Britton to romance Adam Driver in all-star 'This Is Where I Leave You' -- EXCLUSIVE". insidemovies.ew.com/. Inside Movies. 9 August 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Cast the Book: This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper". Reader's Block. Retrieved December 7, 2013.
- Pehanick, Maggie (April 9, 2013). "See Who's Been Cast in This Is Where I Leave You". PopSugar Entertainment.
- "‘This Is Where I Leave You’, starring Tina Fey & Jason Bateman, begins filming in NYC". OnlineVacations.com. May 13, 2013.
- "Michael Giacchino to Score Shawn Levy’s ‘This Is Where I Leave You’". filmmusicreporter.com. October 9, 2013. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "‘This Is Where I Leave You’ Soundtrack Details". filmmusicreporter.com. August 25, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Breznican, Anthony (15 May 2014). "'This Is Where I Leave You': FIRST LOOK at Tina Fey, Jason Bateman's emotional family funeral comedy". ew.com. Retrieved 16 May 2014.