This Is the House
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|"This Is The House"|
|Single by Eurythmics|
|from the album Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)|
|Released||2 April 1982|
|Genre||New Wave, electronica, synthpop|
|Producer(s)||David A. Stewart, Adam Williams|
|Eurythmics singles chronology|
"This Is the House" was Eurythmics' third single, recorded in 1982 on their own 8-track home studio in north London, built with a personal bank loan from group member David A. Stewart's bank manager rather than record company support. Although the following year it was included on the group's hugely successful Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) album, the single itself was a commercial flop, failing to chart. No music video was made for the single.
The recordings were produced by Stewart and Adam Williams, ex-bassist of 2 Tone Records band The Selecter. They showcased a new sound and direction from the group, focusing on synthesizers and drum machines as opposed to the psychedelic guitar-based band sound of their In the Garden album.
The 12 inch single featured an extended remix of the track, plus four songs recorded on Eurythmics 1982 tour. This extended mix, plus the live version of "Your Time Will Come", were omitted from SonyBMG's 2005 remaster package, and remain unavailable on CD.
- A: "This Is The House" (LP version) – 5:02
- B: "Home Is Where The Heart Is" (non-LP track) – 3:03
- "This is the House" (extended remix)
- "Your Time Will Come" (live)
- "Never Gonna Cry Again" (live)
- "4/4 in Leather" (live)
- "Take Me to Your Heart" (live)
"This is the House"
- Annie Lennox: vocals
- Dave Stewart: synthesisers & sequencers, backing vocals
- Andy Brown: bass guitar
- Reynard Falconer: bass section synthesisers
- Dick Cuthell: horns
- John Turnbull: guitar
- Adam Williams: backing vocals
- Maria Elvira Behro-García: South American girl
- Mercedes special guest
- Chantal Arnaud, Nadine Masseron, Emily McLeod, Pauline Stride: street chorus
"Home is Where the Heart Is"
- Annie Lennox: vocals
- Dave Stewart: synthesisers and sequencers
- Adam Williams: bass guitar
- Annie Lennox: vocals, flute
- David A Stewart: double-neck electric guitar/bass guitar
- Tim Wheater: synthesizer, oriental flute
- Adam Williams: record (live & direct) and mix (On Stage)
- the other instruments were playing off backing tape.(Directed by Adam Williams)