This Man Dawson
|This Man Dawson|
|Written by||Gene Levitt|
|Directed by||Leon Benson|
William Conrad (narrator)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||33|
|Running time||30 mins. (approx)|
|Original run||1959 – 1960|
This Man Dawson is a syndicated drama television series starring Keith Andes as a former United States Marine Corps colonel hired to clean up police corruption in an undisclosed American city. The thirty-three episodes, in which Andes portrayed Chief Frank Dawson, aired during the 1959-1960 television season. The series was partly inspired by Andes’s Universal Studios film Damn Citizen (1958), in which he played crusading Louisiana State Police Superintendent Francis C. Grevemberg.
The program narrator is the late William Conrad, formerly the voice on the radio version of Gunsmoke and later the star of CBS's Cannon detective series. The black and white half-hour series was filmed by Ziv, later part of MGM Television.
Notable guest stars
- John Archer in the episode "The Assassin"
- Walter Burke as "Jumpy" Higgins in "Plague"
- Paul Fix as Al Daniels and Joi Lansing as Carol Dawn in "Accessory to Murder"
- Clegg Hoyt in "Fight Game"
- Tyler MacDuff as Ira Burns in "Get Dawson"
- Judson Pratt in "The Hard Way"
- Michael Raffetto appeared in "Three X" and "The Deadly Young Man"