This Is Criss!
|This is Criss!|
|Studio album by Sonny Criss|
|Recorded||October 21, 1966
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New York City
|Sonny Criss chronology|
Allmusic awarded the album 4½ stars with its review by Stephen Cook stating, "Sonny Criss qualifies as one of the most overlooked giants of West Coast jazz. His sound -- like most alto players of the bebop and hard bop days -- was heavily influenced by Charlie Parker, but Criss still managed to forge an original style featuring a very original melodic bent with loads of bluesy underpinnings. The goods can be optimally previewed on this great Prestige date from 1966".
- "Black Coffee" (Sonny Burke, Paul Francis Webster) - 7:52
- "Days of Wine and Roses" (Henry Mancini, Johnny Mercer) - 3:20
- "When Sunny Gets Blue" (Marvin Fisher, Jack Segal) - 5:41
- "Greasy" (Walter Davis, Jr.) - 2:28
- "Sunrise, Sunset" (Jerry Bock, Sheldon Harnick) - 2:52
- "Steve's Blues" (Sonny Criss) - 6:23
- "Skylark" (Hoagy Carmichael, Mercer) - 5:10
- "Love for Sale" (Cole Porter) - 6:25