Tuck in 2008
March 28, 1982 |
|Medium||Stand up, radio, television|
|Notable works and roles||The Penny Dreadfuls|
Thom Tuck (born 28 March 1982) is a British actor and comedian known for being one third of comedy troupe The Penny Dreadfuls and as a Stand-up comedian nominated for the Best Newcomer award at the 2011 Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Tuck attended the American International School of Dhaka in Bangladesh and Cardinal Heenan Roman Catholic High School and Notre Dame Sixth Form College in Leeds. As a child, he also lived in Sri Lanka, Denmark, Egypt, Malawi, Zimbabwe and The Philippines. He studied philosophy at the University of Edinburgh and graduated with a 2:2. While at university, he performed with the Edinburgh University Theatre Company; acting in, writing and directing plays, including directing a piece written by playwright Sam Holcroft, and was a member of acclaimed improvisational comedy troupe The Improverts. It was with The Improverts that he first met and performed with fellow comedians Humphrey Ker and David Reed.
Tuck's radio work includes The Penny Dreadfuls Present... alongside David Reed and Humphrey Ker and his own half hour Thom Tuck Goes Straight-to-DVD to be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in February 2012.
With The Penny Dreadfuls, Thom has created five full-length stage shows, two radio series and two one-off radio plays.
He runs two comedy nights: tom:foolery, which is an occasional stand-up night where all the performers are called Tom, Thom or Thomas and The Alternative Comedy Memorial Society which he books and co-hosts with John-Luke Roberts at the New Red Lion Theatre in Islington.
- West Side Story, winner of Herald Angel Award.
- Like Skinnydipping by Chris Perkin
- Scaramouche Jones by Justin Butcher
- Aeneas Faversham with The Penny Dreadfuls
- Geronimo by Lucy Kirkwood, winner of ThreeWeeks Editors' Award.
- Aeneas Faversham Forever with The Penny Dreadfuls
2009 National Tour
- Totally Looped
- Penny Dreadfuls 2010 with The Penny Dreadfuls
- Gutted: A Revenger's Musical by Danielle Ward & Martin White
- Thom Tuck Goes Straight-to-DVD
- Directed Bad Mother by Meryl O'Rourke
- PBJ Management
- List of Best Newcomer Nominees
- Interview with Thom Tuck
- "Our Edinburgh: The Penny Dreadfuls". independent.co.uk. 26 August 2010.
- BBC Press Release
- New Red Lion Theatre
- Award Citations 2006
- Award Citations 2007