Thomas & Friends: The Great Festival Adventure
|Thomas & Friends: The Great Festival Adventure|
|Developer(s)||Mind's Eye Productions|
Thomas & Friends: The Great Festival Adventure is an educational action computer game developed and published by Hasbro Interactive for Microsoft Windows. It was released in 1999 and is based on the Thomas & Friends television series. The game features new voices provided by show narrator Michael Angelis as well features music tracks from the first and second series of the show.
It is the day of the Great Festival and the engines are ready to help out by doing different jobs around the island of Sodor.
The game consists of 7 mini-games around the island of Sodor. Each with a different goal to help the player learn new skills or solve puzzles. The player can choose to play any of them in order of the story or in no particular order. The mini-games are as follow:
- Clean and fix the engines.
- Control Harold to pick up boulders off the tracks and place them into the correct Troublesome Trucks.
- Place the objects from Bulstrode into the specific Trucks using Cranky.
- Choose the specific type of passengers to ride on the train.
- Guide the cows back into the pen using Terence.
- Assemble the festival attractions into the correct format using Harold.
- Direct the band to playing the different musical instruments.
Once each game is completed at least once, the player is awarded with a certificate saying they've completed that particular game.
Included as an extra feature, the player can print pictures of the characters, mini-games and certificates to hang on their wall or color-in versions. Additionally the images of the characters and mini-games can be played as puzzles in-game.
Allgame gave the game 3.5 out of 5 stars praising the visuals and the activities calling them well done. In the end they called it an excellent game and one of the better games for young children available to date.