Thomas Bowen (engraver)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He died in Clerkenwell workhouse early in 1790.
- the maps and charts of the West Indies, published by the direction of the government from the surveys of Captain James Speer;
- maps of the country twenty miles round London and of the road between London and St. David's, about 1750;
- a 'New Projection of the Eastern and Western Hemispheres of the Earth,' 1776; and
- an 'Accurate Map of the Russian Empire in Europe and Asia,' 1778.
He contributed to George Taylor and Andrew Skinner's Survey and Maps of the Roads of North Britain in 1776.
- http://www.oxforddnb.com/index/3/101003035/ Retrieved 16 April 2011