Thomas Burns (politician)
|Member of the Northern Ireland Assembly
for Antrim South
26 November 2003 – 2011
|Preceded by||Donovan McClelland|
|Succeeded by||Pam Lewis|
29 August 1960 |
Aldergrove, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
|Political party||Social Democratic and Labour Party|
Burns was elected as a Member of the Northern Ireland Assembly for South Antrim in 2003 and has been an Antrim Borough Councillor since 1997. He is currently the Chairman of his local branch of the SDLP. On 5 May 2011, he lost re-election to the Assembly, but was easily returned to the Borough Council.
- Vice Chairman of the Council's planning committee
- Crumlin Development Association
- Chairman of Camlin Credit Union in Crumlin
- Member of Citizens Advice Bureau
- Board of Governors of two local schools, St Josephs Primary School and Crumlin High School.
- In the first round, and with the most first-preference votes in the South East district; Election results, Antrim Borough Council, retrieved 13 May 2011.
|Northern Ireland Assembly|
|MLA for Antrim South
2003 - 2011