Thomas H. Davenport
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2007)|
Thomas H. Davenport (born October 17, 1954) is an American academic and author specializing in analytics, business process innovation and knowledge management. He is currently the President’s Distinguished Professor in Information Technology and Management at Babson College, Director of Research at the International Institute for Analytics, and a Senior Advisor to Deloitte Analytics.
Davenport has written, coauthored, or edited fourteen books, including the first books on analytical competition, business process reengineering and achieving value from enterprise systems, and the best seller, Working Knowledge (with Larry Prusak) (Davenport & Prusak 2000), on knowledge management. He has written more than one hundred articles for such publications as Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, California Management Review, the Financial Times, and many other publications. Davenport has also been a columnist for CIO, InformationWeek, and Darwin magazines.
In 2003, Davenport was named one of the world’s 'Top 25 Consultants' by Consulting magazine, and in 2005 was named one of the world’s top three analysts of business and technology by readers of Optimize magazine.
His newest book (coauthored with Jeanne Harris), Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning (Davenport & Harris 2007), provides guidelines for basing competitive strategies on the sophisticated analysis of business data, and highlights several firms that do so.
- Davenport, Tom (2008). "Enterprise 2.0: The New, New Knowledge Management?". Harvard Business Online, Feb. 19, 2008.
- Davenport, Thomas H.; Harris, Jeanne G. (2007). Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning. Harvard Business School Press. p. 240. ISBN 1-4221-0332-3.
- Davenport, T. H. (2005). Thinking for a Living: How to Get Better Performance and Results from Knowledge Workers. Harvard Business School Press. ISBN 1591394236.
- Davenport, T. H.; Beck, J. C. (2001). The Attention Economy: Understanding the New Currency of Business. Harvard Business School Press. ISBN 1-57851-441-X.
- Davenport, Thomas H.; Prusak, Laurence (2000). Working Knowledge: How Organizations Manage What they Know. Harvard Business School Press. p. 240. ISBN 1-57851-301-4.
- Davenport, Thomas H.; Prusak, Laurence (1997). Information Ecology. Oxford University Press. p. 288. ISBN 0-19-511168-0.
- Thomas H. Davenport's homepage
- Competing on Analytics -book homepage
- Babson Executive Education homepage
- Davenport’s Business Educators Member Profile
- Davenport's Biography with the International Institute for Analytics