Thomas J. Leonard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thomas J. Leonard (July 31, 1955 - February 11, 2003 in Phoenix, Arizona) is considered a major contributor to the development of personal coaching. In 1992 he founded Coach University, and the International Coach Federation in 1994.
Notable contributions to coaching
- Writing 6 coaching-related books, along with 14 internally published works available exclusively to the coaches at Coach University.
- Starting TeleClass.com in 1998. Teleclass.com is a virtual university with over 20,000 students, offering over 100 teleclasses during any given week, delivered via conference call and RealAudio.
- Writing 28 personal and professional development programs which are used by coaches, training firms, and Fortune 100 companies.
- Being featured on over 100 hours of commercially available audio-tape sets demonstrating techniques and processes of coaching.
- Developing a popular website called TopTen.org, which contains over 1,000 (needs verification) Top 10 Lists on all subjects. (This is arguably one of the Internet's first article directories.
- Founding Coach U, the oldest and largest professional coach training organization.
- Founding and managing of CoachVille.com as CEO. Coachville is a network and trainer of coaches a majority in the U.S.
- Founding the Graduate School of Coaching, a comprehensive coach training school (1000 courses in development), with 1400 students from 35 countries.
- Founding the International Association of Coaching, a professional coaching association.
- Publishing Today's Coach, a coaching industry ezine with over 30,000 subscribers.
Personal and professional development tools
- Personal Foundation
- Certified Strategist
- Clean Sweep
- SuperSensitive Person
- A Perfect Life
- Certified Critical Eye
- Working Wisdom
- The Portable Coach, Scribner, August 1998, ISBN 978-0-684-85041-2
- Becoming a Coach
- Simply Brilliant, ISBN 978-1-929668-00-7
- Coaching Forms Book
- The Distinctionary
- 28 Laws of Attraction, Scribner, December 2007, ISBN 978-1-4165-7103-2
- Mills, Byron, author. Computer Retail Weekly, Issue 41, 2007
- CNN Money: The Inner Game of Business
- International Association of Coaching