August 17, 1987 |
|September 2, 2012 for the Cleveland Indians|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||2|
Thomas Neal (born August 17, 1987) is an American professional baseball outfielder who is a free agent. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Cleveland Indians, New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs.
Neal was designated for assignment by the Indians on January 3, 2013 to make room for Nick Swisher on their roster. He was released by the Indians on January 12, 2013. The New York Yankees signed him to a minor-league contract later that month. The Yankees promoted Neal to the major leagues on June 14. He was sent back down to Triple-A on June 22. He was recalled again on July 20, sent back down on July 26, and designated for assignment August 2.
- Torenli, John (2009-04-29). "Neal cycles in San Jose rout". MLB.com (Major League Baseball Advanced Media). Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- Bastian, Jordan (September 1, 2012). "Indians ready for influx of fresh faces". MLB.com (Major League Baseball Advanced Media). Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- Lastoria, Tony (January 3, 2013). "Indians officially sign Swisher, designate Neal". Indians Baseball Insider. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Ocker, Sheldon (January 12, 2013). "Tribe releases Neal". Akron Beacon Journal. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- Marchand, Andrew (January 31, 2013). "Heathcott, Sanchez & Austin in MLB camp". ESPNNewYork.com. Retrieved March 22, 2013.