Thomas O. Staggs
|Thomas O. Staggs|
Staggs at the 2011 Disney D23 Expo
|Born||1961 (age 52–53)
Illinois, United States
|Alma mater||University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
|Occupation||Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts|
- For the senior judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, see Tom Stagg.
Joining Disney in 1990, Staggs rose from his role as a manager of strategic planning to senior vice president of strategic planning and development in 1995. Staggs became executive vice president and chief financial officer in 1998, and became Senior Executive Vice President and CFO in January, 2000.
On November 11, 2009 the Los Angeles Times reported that Staggs and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo were trading places on January 1, 2010. The article suggests the move is just one step for Staggs on the way to someday becoming president of the Walt Disney Company. Staggs' new role places him in charge of the company's theme parks, cruise line, and vacation club. Prior to the switch, Staggs was instrumental in the acquisition of Marvel Entertainment.
Staggs was born in Illinois and received a B.S. in business from the University of Minnesota and an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business. He began his career as an investment banker for Morgan Stanley & Co. before joining Disney in 1990.
- Dun & Bradstreet (May 6, 2010). "Disney Enterprises, Inc. et al v. Hotfile Corp. et al - Exhibit B". Justia. Retrieved November 9, 2013.
- Gunther, Marc (September 6, 1999). "Eisner's Mousetrap Disney's CEO says the company has a lot of varied problems he can fix. But what if the real issue is something he can't face?". Fortune. Retrieved November 9, 2013.
...says CFO Staggs, the 38-year-old architect of Disney's Internet strategy.
- http://www.forbes.com/finance/mktguideapps/personinfo/FromPersonIdPersonTearsheet.jhtml?passedPersonId=917368 Forbes
- The Walt Disney Company - Thomas O. Staggs Executive Biography
Graduate of Minnetonka High School 1978, Minnesota
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|