Thomas Price Turner
Thomas Price Turner (c. 1790 – 1868) was a British musician, and was one of the artist J. M. W. Turner's first cousins. Following the artist's death in 1851, Thomas Price Turner was one of a group of interested parties who contested J. M. W. Turner's will. The first cousins were awarded part of J. M. W. Turner's legacy in 1856.
Turner married Maria Pridham in 1865, some time after retiring from the Cathedral and only a few years before his death in 1868. Maria had several children (Andrew, Charles, Maria) between 1847 and 1851 and is also recorded as being with Thomas in the UK Census Archives, though their exact relationship is unclear. Maria's children undoubtedly used the Turner name after the marriage between Thomas and Maria. It is unclear whether Turner was their natural father or their stepfather.
- The Great Artists: JMW Turner R.A. William Cosmo Monkhouse 1879
- Whites Devonshire Directory, 1850. Trades and Professions
- Exeter Cathedral Archives
- Whites Devonshire Directory, 1850. Dignitaries of the Diocese of Exeter.
- BMD archives
- 1861 Census
- National Archive record of Andrew Pridham (Thos Turner) buying land q.v. Devon Record Office 961M-5/T/14