|Thomas R. Chiola|
|Judge of the Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County|
|Succeeded by||Celia G. Gamrath|
|Born||March 1952 (age 61)|
|Domestic partner||Drew Jemilo|
|Alma mater||Illinois State University (B.S.)
University of Illinois College of Law (J.D.)
Early life and education
Chiola grew up in Springfield, Illinois. He graduated from Springfield's Griffin High School (now Sacred Heart-Griffin High School) in 1970. Chiola then received a Bachelor of Science from Illinois State University in 1974 and a Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1977.
- Byron Flitsch, History-making gay judge set to retire, Windy City Times (January 6, 2010).
- Neal Pollack, In and Out, Chicago Reader (August 18, 1994).
- Thomas R. Chiola - Lawyer Profile, Martindale.
- Steve Schmadeke, Gay, lesbian judges in Cook County note their progress, Chicago Tribune (December 6, 2009).
- Joan Biskupic, Amid debate over rights, number of gay judges rising, USA Today (October 17, 2006).