He was elected at the 1945 general election as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Western Renfrewshire, defeating the sitting Unionist MP Henry Scrymgeour-Wedderburn. Scollan served only one term in Parliament, losing his seat at the 1950 general election to the National Liberal candidate John Scott Maclay.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "R" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Stenton, Michael; Lees, Stephens (1981). Who's Who of British Members of Parliament: Volume IV, 1945–1979. Brighton: The Harvester Press. p. 328. ISBN 0-85527-335-6.
- The London Gazette: . 24 August 1945. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- "UK General Election results February 1950". Richard Kimber's Political Science Resources. Retrieved 16 December 2010.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Thomas Scollan
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Western Renfrewshire
1945 – 1950
John Scott Maclay
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a workers' rights activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|