Early life and education
Thomas Snyder grew up in the suburbs of Buffalo, New York. He attended Amherst Central High School before getting degrees from the California Institute of Technology and Harvard University and doing post-doctoral work at Stanford University's bioengineering department.
Thomas Snyder has contributed puzzles to various puzzle-related publications including GAMES Magazine and Wired. He has also written puzzles for events including the World Sudoku Championship, U.S. Puzzle Championship, the MIT Mystery Hunt, Gen Con, and the Microsoft Puzzle Picnic.
In early 2012, Snyder began his publishing company Grandmaster Puzzles. On April 9, 2012, he began selling his first title from the newly formed company, The Art of Sudoku. On December 31, 2012, Snyder began the newest version of his puzzle blog The Art of Puzzles coinciding with the relaunch of his Grandmaster Puzzles web site.
Snyder holds several puzzle-solving titles as well, with his 2006 U.S. Puzzle Championship win being the earliest. As of August 2013, Snyder is slated to represent the United States in the World Puzzle Championship, to be held in Beijing in October 2013, along with teammates Palmer Mebane, Jonathan Rivet, and William Blatt.
- World Sudoku Champion 2007, 2008 & 2011
- U.S. Sudoku Champion 2007 
- U.S. Puzzle Champion 2006-2010, 2012
- Lisa Fernandez (May 9, 2008). "Solving puzzles is in sudoku champ's genes". San Jose Mercury News.
- "The Art of Puzzles". Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "motris - User Profile". Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "About Thomas Snyder". Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Welcome to Grandmaster Puzzles!" Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "US Puzzle and Sudoku Championships". Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "worldpuzzle.org". Retrieved November 14, 2011.
- "Meet the official sudoku champ". Chicago Tribune. October 22, 2007. p. 10.
- "wpc.puzzles.com". Retrieved February 18, 2011.
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|