|Birth name||Thomas Troelsen|
|Born||6 October 1981|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, record producer|
|Instruments||vocals, sampler, keyboards, synthesizer, vocoder, guitar, bass guitar|
|Labels||Crunchy Frog Records, Universal Music|
|Associated acts||Superheroes, PRIVATE, Junior Senior|
Thomas Troelsen (born 6 October 1981) is a composer and producer from Denmark.
Thomas Troelsen is a singer, songwriter, and producer responsible for chart-topping hits, such as Junior Senior's "Move Your Feet", Monrose's "Hot Summer", PRIVATE's "My Secret Lover", Aura Dione's “Geronimo,” Alexandra Burke's "Tonight", TVXQ’s “Mirotic", and Inna's "More Than Friends". He was also the lead singer of the band Superheroes and currently fronts the band PRIVATE. Troelsen owns the recording studio, Delta Lab Studios, in Copenhagen, Denmark, whose design was inspired by Danish designer Verner Panton and has a vast collection of analog equipment. Bloc Party recorded their debut album Silent Alarm at Delta Lab.
Troelsen has produced, mixed, and written for Alexandra Burke, Aloe Blacc, Aqua, Aura Dione, Basshunter, Bryan Adams, Sarah Connor, Sash!, Shayne Ward, The Raveonettes, and Inna. Thomas has been profiled in Dazed & Confused, NME, Attitude, The Guardian, and Monocle. In January 2010, Thomas's group PRIVATE released its single "My Secret Lover" in the UK on Virgin Records with remixes by Diplo, Egyptian Lover, Rune RK, and Spencer & Hill. The single achieved platinum sales in Denmark and was featured as “Record of The Week” on Scott Mills’ and Nick Grimshaw’s show on BBC’s Radio 1. On 15 September 2012, PRIVATE released its latest single “Everywhere” on Universal Music.
Troelsen co-wrote and produced the German entry for the Eurovision Song Contest, "Disappear", performed by No Angels. He also co-wrote and co-produced Monrose’s "Hot Summer" (#1 Germany) and Danish X-Factor winner Martin's single "Show The World" (#1 Denmark).
Troelsen is regarded as one of the most successful and prolific writers and producers of K-Pop. Troelsen co-wrote TVXQ's single "Mirotic", whose album of the same name was the best selling album of 2008 in South Korea. Other major K-Pop songs co-written and produced by Troelsen include BoA's "Eat You Up", SHINee's "Love Like Oxygen", f(x)'s "NU ABO", EXO's "History", TVXQ!'s "Humanoids" as well as tracks for Super Junior-M, and Girls' Generation. Troelsen’s compositions have sold over 8 million units to date in Korea and Japan.
In July 2011, Thomas signed with EMI Music Publishing UK.
In March 2012, Thomas co-wrote the song “Single Ladies” for Remady, which went to #1 on the Swiss singles chart.
Music in Film, Television and Video Games
Thomas Troelsen's compositions have appeared in the following:
- Gossip Girl ("Last Dance" and "Suicide")
- EA's FIFA 10 ("The Sound of Swing")
- Fuel TV ("Suicide")
- Lifetime's "Seven Deadly Sins" ("Bang!")
- 90210 ("Hot Summer")
- EA's Boogie Superstar ("Hot Summer")
- Clicknet ("Fragment Eight")
- Poppy Shakespeare ("Fragment One," "The Sound of Swing" and "The First Picture")
- Dong Energy ("The Sound of Swing")
- Renault ("The Sound of Swing")
- Rock Band 3 ("Last Dance")
- Patagonia ("On the Floor")
- 2003: Move Your Feet by Junior Senior (single)
- 2007: Hot Summer by Monrose (single)
- 2007: Strictly Physical by Monrose (album)
- 2007: Baby by Melody Club (Song)
- 2008: Disappear by No Angels
- 2008: Forever or Never (Single) and Dysfunctional Family by Cinema Bizarre
- 2008: Sexy as Hell by Sarah Connor (singer) (album, five tracks)
- 2008: Under My Skin by Sarah Connor (single)
- 2008: Show The World by Martin (album, six tracks)
- 2008: Show The World by Martin (single)
- 2008: Mirotic by TVXQ
- 2008: Eat You Up by BoA (song)
- 2008: SHINee World by SHINee
- 2009: In and Out of Control by The Raveonettes (album)
- 2010: Run Devil Run by Girls' Generation (single)
- 2010: Hurricane Venus by BoA (album, two tracks)
- 2010: Nu ABO by f(x) (album, two tracks)
- 2010: "Saturday" by Basshunter (single)
- 2010: Fall from Grace by Infernal (album)
- 2010: Sonrisa by Ana Torroja
- 2011: Showtime by TV-2 (album)
- 2011: "Mirror Mirror" Sash!'s (album)
- 2011: Young Hot Rod's forthcoming album
- 2011: Two by Anders-Fahrenkrog
- 2011: Sanne Salomonsen (Mermaid Records)
- 2011: Vox Halo feat. LaDolla (Virgin UK)
- 2011: "Hot Summer" by f(x) (single)
- 2011: Pinocchio by f(x) (Album, two tracks, "Gangsta Boy" and "Hot Summer")
- 2011: Perfection by Super Junior-M (EP, one track, "Perfection")
- 2011: Mr. Simple by Super Junior (Album, two tracks, "Opera" and "Perfection")
- 2011: "The Sound of Swing, Pt. 2 (Oh Na Na) feat. Aloe Blacc by Kenneth Bager
- 2011: Before the Dinosaurs by Aura Dione (Album, lead single "Geronimo")
- 2012: PRIVATE (forthcoming album)
- 2012: "History" by EXO (single)
- 2012: "Lazy Girl" by Girls Generation
- 2012: "Criminal" by Vox Halo feat La Dolla
- 2012: "Single Ladies" by Remady & Manu-L feat. J-Son (single)
- 2012: "Spy" by Super Junior
- 2012: "Outsider" by Super Junior
- 2012: "Sherlock" by Shinee
- 2012: "Humanoids" by TVXQ!
- 2013: "Spoiler". "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Punch Drunk Love" by Shinee from Chapter 1. Dream Girl – The Misconceptions of You
- 2013: "Like a Fire" by Shinee from Chapter 2. Why So Serious? – The Misconceptions of Me
- 2013: "More Than Friends" by Inna from Party Never Ends
- 2013: "Marabou" by Antonia
- 2013: "Get You Back" by Wally Lopez feat. Ricki-Lee
- 2013: "Waiting for the End" by Marco V
- 2013: "Everybody" by Shinee
- Lester, Paul (2009-10-23). "Private (No 655)". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "Martin sælger guld". dr.dk news.