Thorn Creek Wildlife Management Area
|Thorn Creek Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
|Elevation||1,960 ft (597.4 m) |
|Area||528 acres (213.7 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Franklin, West Virginia|
Thorn Creek Wildlife Management Area, is located about 7 miles south of Franklin, West Virginia in Pendleton County. Thorn Creek WMA is located on 528 acres (214 ha) of steep terrain along hills above Thorn Creek.
The WMA is accessed from Thorn Creek Road about 4 miles off of U.S. 219, south of Franklin.
Hunting and Fishing
Thorn Creek is limited to fly fishing in the trout-filled Thorn Creek.
Rustic camping is not available at the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Thorn Creek WMA, retrieved January 12, 2009
- "Thorn Creek WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved January 12, 2009.
- West Virginia DNR District 2 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations
- WVDNR map of Thorn Creek Wildlife Management Area