- The band is named after Thor's Hammer, for the Mythological object see Mjolnir. For the Icelandic rock band, see Thor's Hammer
|Associated acts||Burning Witch
Thorr's Hammer was formed in Ballard, Washington by Greg Anderson and Stephen O'Malley during winter 1994-1995. Soon after, Runhild Gammelsæter, then 17-year-old Norwegian exchange student, joined the band as vocalist/lyricist. The band reached its final form when Jamie Sykes and James Hale joined. The band was active only for six weeks during which it played two gigs and recorded a demo and an EP entitled Dommedagsnatt. The band disbanded after Runhild's return to Oslo, Norway. Burning Witch was formed from the ashes of Thorr's Hammer and Runhild has currently teamed up with James Plotkin (Khanate) to form Khlyst.
Thorr's Hammer reunited in 2009 to play at the Supersonic Festival in Birmingham, England and again in 2010 for The Roadburn Festival in Tilburg. In an interview with Rock-A-Rolla magazine, Runhild Gammelsæter said the band "might make some new music" in the future.
- Runhild Gammelsæter (a.k.a. Ozma) - vocals and lyrics
- Greg Anderson - electric guitar ("drones and sunns")
- Stephen O'Malley - electric guitar ("crust and earth")
- James Hale - bass guitar ("subsonic attack") (replaced by Guy Pinhas at the 2009 & 2010 reunion shows)
- Jamie Sykes - drums ("battledrums")
- Sannhet i Blodet (Demo 1995)
- Dommedagsnatt (Cassette 1996, CD 1998, CD Reissue 2004, Picture Disc 2004)