|Born||Thorsten Overgaard Nielsen
25 March 1965
|Occupation||Photographer, educator, writer|
|Spouse(s)||Charlotte Cornelius (m. 1990–d. 2002)
Maibritt Overgaard (m. 2003–d. 2009)
|Children||Robin Isabella, Caroline Zoe, Oliver Cosper|
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
Early life 
From 1983-1985 he was cultural editor of the monthly magazine Blitz where did interviews and featured Danish comics talents.
In 1985, at the age of 20 he co-founded the advertising agency A-Z Reklame with Mogens Gårdsmann.
From 1985 to 1993 he was owner or co-owner of the advertsiing agencies A-Z Reklame, Thorsten Overgaard and D3.
From 1993 to 1994 he worked at RMB advertising in Aarhus and then co-founded AD ONE advertising agency and eventually took over AD ONE in 1996 where he also went into producing Internet websites, cooperated with Tiscali and World Online on international on-line campaigns, build the first Navision eBusiness integration and founded the first on-line coupon magazine and online PR agency.
In November 2000, Overgaard sold all activities of AD ONE to Execon A/S but remained as CEO and member of the Executive Board for a year.
In 2002, he founded a consulting company and also started writing freelance for Iværksætteren, Jyllands-Posten, etc. and also arranged tours with John F. Kennedy speech-writer Ted Sorensen, and edited books for Klaus Riskær Pedersen. He also took up his interest in photography again and started photographing portraits for the interviews he did for the newspapers and magazines.
In early 2005 Overgaard went to South-East Asia to document the relief work after the Tsunami. This resulted in the photo documentary book and DVD "After the Tsunami" as a testament to the relief work performed by volunteers from all over the world.
Overgaard focussed on photography from 2006 onwards and worked for Danish magazines and organizations doing reports and portraits.. He also started portraying celebrities such as Catherine Kubilus, Kelly Preston, Seal, Anne Archer, and statesmen such as Hans Blix, Bill Clinton, and the Danish Royal family. He has produced images for Getty Images, WireImage, LIFE and Associated Press.
On his website, Overgaard explains that the "webpage mainly exists because I like to preserve things and share knowledge. The website was started and has been maintained because I genuinely love to talk about this."
Overgaard conducts international photography workshops.
- Thorsten Overgaard (2006). After the Tsunami. MacAlister. ISBN 87-990979-1-5.
- Thorsten Overgaard (2006). After the Tsunami DVD. MacAlister. ISBN 87-990979-1-5.
- Thorsten Overgaard (2009). Twenty Portraits of 2008. Thorsten Overgaard. ISBN 87-990979-2-3.
- Klaus Riskær (2009). "Understrøm". (Editor). isbn 9788798436416
- Klaus Riskær (2009). "Understrøm podcast". (Editor).
- Thorsten Overgaard (2010). Forty Portraits of 2009. Thorsten Overgaard. ISBN 978-87-990979-2-0.
- "Rock i Århus" (2009). Photographer
- "Den Gamle By" (2009). Photographer
- "The Linked Photographers' Guide to Online Marketing and Social Media" (2010). Contributor
- Thorsten Overgaard (2012). The Salzburg Collection. Leica Gallerie Salzburg. ISBN 978-87-990979-6-8.
- "After the Tsunami The Book". afterthetsunami.org. 2005. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "An Interview with Thorsten von Overgaard". connoisseurs.my. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Overgaard, Thorsten. "The Lounge". overgaard.dk. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Overgaard, Thorsten. "Black & white photography with the Leica M9". overgaard.dk. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Overgaard, Thorsten. "Seminars & Workshops". overgaard.dk. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Thorsten Overgaard. "We The People"" (in German). leica-galerie-salzburg.at. March 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- "Thorsten Overgaard. "I AM HERE"". overgaard.dk. November 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2012.