Three Man (also referred to as Mr. Three or Hat Man) is a drinking game played with two dice. It can be played with at least 3 people but it works better with around 5. The objective is to avoid drinking.
Steps of play
- Select the first "Three Man"
This player will remain the "Three man" until they roll a 1-2 or 3-(any). Once they have, the next player to roll a 1-2 or 3-(any) becomes the new three man.
- Three man rolls dice
- Drink are dispensed based on the pips shown on dice
- If no drinks are dispensed, turn ends and dice are passed to next player
Create any rule. If rule is broken during game, the infringing player drinks
- 2-2 3-3 4-4 5-5 6-6 (doubles)
Give away the amount of drinks that matches the total amount of pips shoing on dice ex. 5-5 means you would give away 10 drinks. These can be split up between multiple players if desired
- 1-2 3-(any number)
The "Three man" drinks. If roll was 3-3, the "Three man" drinks twice.
- 1-6 2-5 3-4 (total of 7)
Person to the left of roller drinks. If 3-4, "Three man" also drinks.
- 5-4 6-3 (total of 9)
Every person drinks. If 6-3, "Three man" drinks twice.
- 6-5 (total of 11)
Person to the right of roller drinks.
There are several variations to the game:
- Doubles: according to this variation, whoever rolls doubles (Player A) can "give" them to another player (Player B), who then rolls both the dice to see how many times he/she must drink. If B rolls doubles, the dice are returned to A, who must roll and drink twice as many times as the value that he/she rolls (e.g., if A rolls 3 and 2, A must drink 10 times). In another variation, a player who rolls doubles three times in any turn has the right to make a rule.
- Party Foul: If the dice falls off the table, the player drinks for each fallen die. When a "Sloppy Jalopy" rule is applied, the player with fallen dice is loudly admonished as a "Sloppy Jalopy" and immediately becomes the new Three Man.
- Any roll of 1:
- 1 and 1 follow the usual rules for passing off doubles.
- 1 and 2 makes the roller Three Man.
- 1 and 3 makes the Three Man drink (as with any roll of a 3).
- 1 and 4 thumb to table or floor: last player to place his/her thumb must drink.
- 1 and 5 turn ends.
- When a 1 and 6 is rolled, the player to the left drinks.
- Bathroom penalty: If someone is in the bathroom when it is his turn to roll, he must take 1 drink for every 5 seconds he is late returning.
5. Opposite Sex: Any variation of the "6" is classified as "opposite sex" in which all players in the game of the opposite sex to the roller must drink
- Ben Applebaum, Dan DiSorbo (2012). The Book of Beer Awesomeness: A Champion's Guide to Party Skills, Amazing Beer Activities, and More Than Forty Drinking Games. Chronicle. pp. 171–172.
- "3-man / 3-bitch." 3-man Drinking Game. PinkyMcDrinky, n.d. Web. 15 Aug. 2013. <http://www.pinkymcdrinky.com/3-man.php>.
- "Three Man." BeerTutor.com's Rules. 7 Seconds Resources, Inc., n.d. Web. 15 Aug. 2013. <http://www.beertutor.com/just_for_fun/drinking_games/3man.shtml>.
- "Dice Games." RP Repository. Repository and PIXELovely, n.d. Web. 15 Aug. 2013. <http://www.rprepository.com/c/sneeuw/2929>.