Three Mile River
The Three Mile River or Threemile River is a river in Bristol County, Massachusetts. It is formed by the junction of the Rumford and Wading rivers in the town of Norton. It flows in a southeasterly direction for 13.5 miles (21.7 km) through the towns of Norton, Taunton and Dighton, where it joins the Taunton River.
On August 25, 2008, the Three Mile Watershed was designated an Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC) by the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR). The ACEC designation imparts certain protections and restrictions within a designated area relating to new development and other human activities.
See also 
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Threemile River
- ACEC Page
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed April 1, 2011
- USGS Maps
- ACEC Map, Mass DCR
- Taunton River Stewardship Program: The Wildlands Trust of Southeastern Massachusetts
- Taunton River Watershed Alliance
- University of Rhode Island: Taunton River Watershed critical resource atlas
- TauntonRiver.org Wild & Scenic River page
|This Massachusetts state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|