Three Problems for Solar Pons
Dust-jacket by Ronald Clyne for Three Problems for Solar Pons
|Cover artist||Ronald Clyne|
|Genre||Detective fiction short stories|
|Publisher||Mycroft & Moran|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||vii, 112 pp|
Three Problems for Solar Pons is a collection of detective fiction short stories by author August Derleth. It was released in 1952 by Mycroft & Moran in an edition of 996 copies. It was the third collection of Derleth's Solar Pons stories which are pastiches of the Sherlock Holmes tales of Arthur Conan Doyle. The book was intended as an interim collection and all the stories are reprinted in The Return of Solar Pons. Because of the low print run, it is the scarcest Mycroft & Moran book.
Three Problems for Solar Pons contains the following tales:
- "A Note for the Aficionado"
- "The Adventure of the Rydberg Numbers"
- "The Adventure of the Remarkable Worm"
- "The Adventure of the Camberwell Beauty"
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 42. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 844.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 179. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 150. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.