Threshold (online game)
|Release date(s)||June 17, 1996|
|Genre(s)||Fantasy RP MUD|
Threshold is a LGBT-friendly MUD (text-based online role-playing game) that is owned and operated by Frogdice, Inc. since June 1996.  Threshold was originally created by Michael A. "Aristotle" Hartman.
Threshold is a fantasy based MUD set in a world with three main continents and a chain of islands. Religion based on a pantheon of Greek-like deities plays a dominant role in the story of the mud, with the ability for players to rise through the ranks of religious organizations to gain divine powers. The concepts of good and evil serve as a core driving force of the roleplay within the game.[dead link]
For three consecutive years, Threshold was The MUD Journal's highest-rated role-playing game. Computer Games Magazine listed it as a highlight of less popular MMOGs, describing it as being particularly focused on role-playing, and noting the distinct passion of its players.[dead link]
- "Journey Beyond the Threshold!". thresholdrpg.com. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Todd, Brett. "The List - Some highlights from the roads less traveled in the MMOG scene". Computer Games Online (156). Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Gesslar. "Finding a Place to Call Home: Personal Stories from Gay MMO Players". Retrieved 2014-06-18.
- DJ Kyle. "Interview w/ an Online RPG Game Creator". Ignite 107. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Bartle, Richard (2009-01-05). "Threshold". Retrieved 2009-01-10.