From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Throttle is the mechanism by which the flow of a fluid is managed by constriction or obstruction.
|Look up throttle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Throttle or throttling may also refer to:
- Throttle (film), a 2005 thriller
- "Throttle" (novella), a 2009 novella by Stephen King and his son Joe Hill
- Bandwidth throttling, used to control the bandwidth that a network application can use
- Rocket engine throttling
- Throttling process (computing), software speed control
- Throttling process (thermodynamics), an isenthalpic process in thermodynamics
- DVD-by-mail throttling, the process of penalizing the most active users in subscription-based DVD-by-mail businesses, by slowing shipments or sending less desirable movies
- CPU throttling, computer hardware speed control, also known as dynamic frequency scaling
- Throttle, one of the three main characters of Biker Mice from Mars
- "The Throttle", a nickname for the American athlete Dave Wottle
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.