From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Throws)
|Look up throw, throwing, thrown, or throws in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Throwing usually refers to:
- launching a projectile, especially by hand
It can also refer to:
- Throw (band), a punk band from the Philippines formed by Al Dimalanta (formerly of Dead Ends).
- Throw (grappling), a martial arts and grappling technique that involves off-balancing or lifting an opponent
- Throwing (cricket), bowling a delivery in cricket with an elbow flexion degree higher than that set by the ICC
- Knife throwing, the art of throwing a knife at a target
- Disc golf, golf-like sport played by throwing flying discs.
- Throwing events are:
- Match fixing, or throwing a game, meaning to intentionally lose
- Mardi gras throws, or throws, are small gifts or trinkets passed out or thrown from New Orleans Mardi Gras parades to spectators lining the streets
- Another name for English knitting, a style of knitting
- The process of making ceramic ware on the potter's wheel
- A computer programming term for raising an exception in exception handling
- Throw (projector), the distance of movie projector to the screen
- Throw, part of an electrical switch (changeover switch)
- The distance that a jet of fluid travels, such as in diffusers for room air distribution
- The range of motion of a joystick's shaft
- The distance between gears as experienced by the driver of a manual transmission
- Throw, in geology, the vertical displacement of rock strata at a fault
- Throw, the act of rolling dice
- Throw, a light coverlet used on a bed, sofa, or other furniture
- Throw, a women's scarf or light wrap
- An injury such as a pulled muscle or sprain
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.