From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up thruster or thrusters in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Rocket engine, using exothermic chemical reactions of the propellant(s)
- Electrohydrodynamic thruster, using ionized air (only for use in an atmosphere)
- Electrostatic ion thruster, using high-voltage electrodes
- Ion thruster, using beams of ions accelerated electrically
- Hall effect thruster, a type of ion thruster
- Pulsed inductive thruster, a pulsed form of ion thruster
- Magnetoplasmadynamic thruster, electric propulsion using the Lorentz force
- Electrodeless plasma thruster, electric propulsion using ponderomotive force
- Pulsed plasma thruster, using current arced across a solid propellant
- Azimuth thruster, pod underneath a ship, instead of a propeller and rudder
- Bow thruster, or stern thruster, at the bow or the stern of a ship or boat
- Rim-driven thruster, electric motor and propeller combined in single unit
- Avio Delta Thruster, a Bulgarian ultralight trike design
- Thruster (surfing) is a surfboard fin design
- Thruster T600 Sprint, a British ultralight aircraft
- Shkadov thruster, hypothetical megascale reaction for moving a star
- Hurrying, also called 'coal thrusting', a 19th-century profession
- Big Mother Thruster
- Plasma Thruster
- Thruster (crossfit), a combination of a front squat and a push press: starting with the barbell in the rack position, the athlete squats (hips below knees) and then stands, driving the barbell overhead.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.