Thuận Thành District
|Thuận Thành District
Huyện Thuận Thành
Đông Hồ painting
|Region||Red River Delta|
|• Secretary||Nguyen Van Hung|
|• Total||46 sq mi (118 km2)|
|• Density||3,160/sq mi (1,222/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC + 7 (UTC+7)|
Thuận Thành is a rural district of Bắc Ninh Province in the Red River Delta region of Vietnam. As of 2009 the district had a population of 144,536 . The district covers an area of 116 km². The district capital lies at Hồ.
The District is administratively divided into Hồ town and 19 rural communes (xã): An Bình, Đại Đồng Thành, Đình Tổ, Gia Đông, Hà Mãn, Hoài Thượng, Mão Điền, Nghĩa Đạo, Ngũ Thái, Nguyệt Đức, Ninh Xá, Song Hồ, Song Liễu, Thanh Khương, Trạm Lộ, Trí Quả, Xuân Lâm.
- Kinh Dương Vươngis the first king of the Vietnamese people, and was the father of Lạc Long Quân.
- Đông Hồ painting is a genre of Vietnamese woodcut paintings originated from Dong Ho village (làng Đông Hồ).
- Luy Lẩu as the ancient capital of Nam Viet after it became a Han Dynasty Chinese province called Jiaozhou, or Jiaozhi under the Chinese Commandery-Chief of Shi Xie.
- Dâu Pagoda was built between AD 187 and 226.The pagoda is in the area of the remains of the ancient citadel and Buddhist center of Luy Lẩu
- Bút Tháp Temple is one of the most famous pagodas in Viet Nam. Inside, there are various valuable ancient objects and statues, which are considered to be Vietnamese masterpieces of 17th century wood carving.
- Thuận Thành No 1 High School is one of the top-ranked high schools in Bắc Ninh Province and which were in Vietnam's Top 100 High School for many years.
Old Rat Taking a Bride (Đông Hồ painting)