The Big Apple
|Elevation||924 m (3,031 ft)|
|LGA(s)||Southern Downs Region|
|State electorate(s)||Southern Downs|
Thulimbah is a town in the Southern Downs region of Queensland, Australia. The town is located on the New England Highway and in the Southern Downs Region local government area, 206 kilometres (128 mi) from the state capital, Brisbane. At the 2006 census, Thulimbah and the surrounding area had a population of 534.
Thulimba State School opened 29 September 1914.
There was originally another district in Queensland called Thulimbah, which was a source of confusion to many people. Eventually the problem was resolved in 1916 by renaming the other district Barney View (due to its location beside Mount Barney).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Thulimbah (Stanthorpe Shire) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2008-11-04.
- "Thulimba (entry 34437)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Thulimbah". Place Name Search (The State of Queensland (Department of Natural Resources and Water)). Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- ""T"". Opening and closing dates of Queensland schools. Queensland Government. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Heart of the Scenic Rim, Boonah Tourism
- "Big Apple, Thulimbah". The Backyard. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2008-11-03.[dead link]
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|