Thunderdome is an arena for steel-cage jousting in the Australian post-apocalyptic film Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985), directed by George Miller and George Ogilvie. It is also a euphemism for a contest where the loser suffers harsh consequences.
It may also refer to:
- Thunderdome Recording Studios, a recording studio in Piermont, New York, owned by Paul Kostabi
- Thunderdome (album) (2004), an album by the German melodic-metal band Pink Cream 69
- Thunderdome (music festival), a gabba music event in the Netherlands
- a nickname for Chesapeake Energy Arena, a multi-purpose arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- a nickname for Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, a former domed stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- a nickname for the Kibbie Dome, an indoor multi-purpose athletic stadium at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho
- a nickname for the UC Santa Barbara Events Center, an indoor multi-purpose stadium at the University of California, Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California
- the former name of Tropicana Field, a domed stadium in St. Petersburg, Florida
- a nickname for the Pontiac Correctional Center, a medium-security prison in Pontiac, Illinois
- a nickname for an office containing male employee's desks', such as estimators at Caliber Collision
- a nickname for the cubicle containing 4 male members of the Implementation team at DealerRater.com. This cubicle is also referred to as King's Landing.
- Calder Park Thunderdome, an oval speedway in Melbourne, Australia
- a nickname for the Gateshead International Stadium, a multi-purpose arena in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, England
- a high-stakes heads-up online poker table hosted and frequented by Phil Ivey on Full Tilt Poker
- Thunderdome Indoor Soccer Tournament, the longest consecutive-running indoor-soccer tournament in the United States
- In A Episode of Jessie called: The Jessie-nator: Grudgement Day, a smaller crescent cage of similar proportions, was also called a Thunderdome
- Death Guild Thunderdome, one of the most popular attractions at the Burning Man festival, patterned after the duels in the movie but with contestants suspended on bungees and wielding Nerf bats.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Thunderdome.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.