|Created by||Jed Spingarn|
|Theme music composer||Scott Simons|
|Opening theme||"Livin' a Double Life", performed by Kira Kosarin and Jack Griffo|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||31 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jed Spingarn
|Location(s)||Paramount Studios, Hollywood, California|
|Running time||22–25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Uptown Productions|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original run||October 14, 2013– present|
|Related shows||The Haunted Hathaways
Every Witch Way
The Thundermans is an American superhero live-action comedy television series that began airing on Nickelodeon, on October 14, 2013. The series is created by Jed Spingarn. Nickelodeon announced that it ordered 20 episodes for the show. The preview premiered on October 14, 2013. The show officially premiered on November 2, 2013. It stars Kira Kosarin, Jack Griffo, Addison Riecke, Diego Velazquez, Chris Tallman and Rosa Blasi. The preview received 2.4 million viewers. The series premiere received 2.6 million viewers. On December 20, 2013, the series was renewed for a second season.
The show revolves around a suburban family with superpowers and specifically 15-year-old twins, one a superhero and one a superhero wanting to be a supervillain. They moved to Hiddenville to live normal lives.
Cast and characters
- Kira Kosarin as Phoebe Thunderman, a 15-year-old super heroine twin to Max, and older sister to Nora and Billy. She's very responsible, a straight-A student, and tries to play by the "no powers" rule. She has a quite obvious crush on Cole Campbell. Phoebe is older than Max by 20 seconds. She has telekinesis, freeze breath, and heat breath. It is revealed that in the episode "Thundersense" Phoebe develops a new ability called Thundersense that warns her if herself and others are in danger.
- Jack Griffo as Max Thunderman, a 15-year-old supervillain twin to Phoebe, and older brother to Nora and Billy. He wants to attend Villain U when he's older. His basement bedroom serves as his "evil lair", and it is also where he keeps Dr. Colosso (A rabbit) . He has the same powers as Phoebe. It is revealed in the episode "Thundersense" Max also develops his "Thundersense" and that Max is 20 seconds younger than Phoebe. His middle name is revealed to be Octavious and his first name to be Maximus in the episode "Winter Thunderland".
- Addison Riecke as Nora Thunderman, the youngest of the Thunderman children, and a mischievous 9-year-old little sister to Phoebe, Max, and Billy. Her superpower is heat-vision. She can easily recruit Billy into any scheme of hers as she scares him a bit. It is said in the episode "Max's Minions" in season 2 that she is 9, and Billy is 11.
- Diego Velazquez as Billy Thunderman, the 3rd born Thunderman child. He is an energetic (and dimwitted) 11-year-old little brother to Phoebe, and Max, and older brother to Nora. His superpower is super-speed. It is revealed in the episode "Dinner Party" that his full name is William. It is said in the episode "Max's Minions" in season 2 that he is 11, and Nora is 9.
- Chris Tallman as Hank Thunderman, the husband to Barb and father to Phoebe, Max, Nora, and Billy whose superhero alias is Thunderman. His superpowers are flying and super-strength but has a little of each person powers and uses them if needed. He has now half-unwillingly retired as a superhero in order to give his kids a stable and normal home. He still uses his powers to fly to places around the world, usually to get food from specific areas like chili powder from Chile and Macadamia Nuts from Hawaii.
- Rosa Blasi as Barb Thunderman, wife to Hank and mother to Phoebe, Max, Billy, and Nora. Her superpower is controlling light and lightning. Unlike her husband, she is completely okay with leaving her superheroine life behind her. She is good at stacking cups, and agrees with her husband that Max is going through a super villain "phase" that needs to end, as it was revealed in the episode "Phoebe vs. Max." It is revealed in the episode "Weird Science Fair" that her full name is Barbara. It is revealed that in the first episode her superhero name was "Electris"
- Dana Snyder as Dr. Colosso, was one of the world's greatest villains and Hank's former arch nemesis, until Hank turned him into a rabbit while still Thunderman. He is kept in Max's bedroom. It is shown that he loves Max very much. His puppet is performed by Stephen, Edward, & Charles Chiodo.
- Audrey Whitby as Cherry, Phoebe's best friend who is bubbly and horribly dimwitted. She's unaware of that the Thundermans have superpowers even though she witnessed them herself (the family convinced her they were practicing a play).
- Haley Tju as Darcy Wong, a mischievous girl who lives in the neighborhood and suspects that the Thunderman family have a secret. Her best friend lived in the house that the Thundermans now occupy, which may be the reason why she hates them so. Although, she once explained that she just loves causing pain, so it's probably just her wicked personality.
- Teala Dunn as Kelsey, a girl who is friends with Phoebe and Cherry.
On August 3, 2012, Nickelodeon announced The Thundermans as one of its upcoming live-action shows.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||20||October 14, 2013||June 14, 2014|
|2||20||September 13, 2014||TBA|
Awards and Nominations
|2014||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Actor||Jack Griffo||Nominated|
The series originally aired on October 14, 2013 as a preview and premiered on November 2, 2013 on Nickelodeon. It premiered on April 2, 2014 on Nickelodeon (Africa) and Nickelodeon (Philippines) and on April 7, 2014 on Nickelodeon (UK and Ireland). Nickelodeon (Southeast Asia) premiered it on April 1, 2014 and Nickelodeon (Australia and New Zealand) on May 5, 2014 and Nickelodeon (Brazil) on April 7, 2014.
- "Nickelodeon greenlights 'Thundermans' comedy". Variety. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (14 February 2013). "Nickelodeon Orders Superhero Family Comedy 'The Thundermans' to Series (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Nickelodeon’s "The Thundermans" Will Begin Production Spring 2013". Nick411.net. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "Nickelodeon's "The Thundermans" Will Begin Production Spring 2013". Nickutopia. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Nova, Sasha (15 February 2013). "Superhero Comedy The Thundermans Gets Nickelodeon's Green Light". Boom Tron. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (26 February 2013). "Nickelodeon Renews 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' and Announces New Series 'Breadwinners', 'The Haunted Hathaways' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- .Bibel first=Sara (October 14, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night Football' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Basketball Wives', 'Fast N Loud', 'Teen Mom 3' & More". TVbytheNumbers.
- Ng, Philiana (December 20, 2013). "Nickelodeon Renews 'Thundermans' for Season 2 (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 20, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (14 February 2013). "Nickelodeon Announces New Series & Pilots". Deadline.com. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "ChrisFabregas: Coming to you LIVE from a taping of the #Thundermans at Paramount Studios!". Twicsy.com. 2013-07-13. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Nickelodeon auditions and casting for new series 'The Thundermans'". TV Show Auditions. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (14 February 2013). "Nickelodeon Pilot ‘The Thundermans’ Picked Up To Series, A Young Lead Recast". Deadline.com. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "The Thundermans Season 2". Tv.msn.com. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- "The Thundermans - Episode Guide - MSN TV". Tv.msn.com. Retrieved 2014-08-16.