Thunderstone (card game)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
Box cover of Thunderstone Base Set
|Publisher(s)||Alderac Entertainment Group|
|Players||1 to 5 players|
|Age range||12 & up|
|Setup time||~30 minutes|
|Playing time||~60 minutes|
|Skill(s) required||Resource Management
Thunderstone is a fantasy deck-building card game designed by Mike Elliott, with artwork by Jason Engle. It published by Alderac Entertainment Group in 2009. Each card has dimensions of 6.3cm x 8.8cm. In the advanced sets, each set comes with a few Thunderstone Bearers that act as bosses of the game. It has been translated in several languages.
Gameplay involves building a deck of adventurers and equipment to defeat monsters. Each turn players must decide whether to visit the Village (to purchase cards, upgrade heroes and other actions), or if they will face a monster in the current dungeon (using the heroes and equipment in their hand). Defeated monsters are added to a player's deck as well, where they may contribute money and/or other bonuses when in hand.
- Thunderstone (2009), original game.
- Thunderstone: Wrath of the Elements (2010).
- Thunderstone: Doomgate Legion (2010).
- Thunderstone: Dragonspire (2011).
- Thunderstone: Thornwood Siege (2011).
- Thunderstone: Heart of Doom (2011).
- Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin (2012)
- Thunderstone Advance: Caverns of Bane (2012)
- Thunderstone Advance: Root of Corruption (2012)
- Thunderstone Advance: Starter Set (2013)
- Thunderstone Advance: Numenera (2013)
- 2010 Golden Geek Best Card Game Nominee
- 2011 Fairplay À la carte Winner
- "Thunderstone". BoardGameGeek. Retrieved 2014-01-06.