|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
Black metal (early)
|Labels||Season Of Mist|
|Associated acts||The Moon and the Nightspirit, Gire, Towards Rusted Soil|
The band was formed by Hungarian musician Tamás Kátai, along with a bandmate from a previous group, Gort. In their early years, the band started off playing black metal. As time progressed, so did the band's overall sound. They began adding in much more electronic and experimental influence into their music, creating a very atmospheric sound. In February 2009, the band was signed to the avant-garde independent record label Epidemie Records. They have had a number of guest musicians over the years, including vocals by Ágnes Tóth of neo-folk duo The Moon and the Nightspirit.
In 2009, they released their concept album Róka Hasa Rádió, about "the relationship between the ever evolving, solid and massive physical matter and the fragileness of humans and all living spirits, throughout distant childhood memories and scientific explanations of nature. Revolving, rotating movements of past and future, colours, sounds, long lost scents by a strange transmission from a timeless radio." It features a mix of atmosperic instrumental music, Hungarian folk elements and traditional black metal, making it very experimental. The album narrowly missed the winner's place in the 2009 HangSúly Hungarian Metal Awards, which was won by Dalriada.
In 2011 the band signed to Season Of Mist. Their fifth album entitled Rengeteg is out on 11 November 2011 in Europe and 10 January 2012 in North America. This is the first Thy Catafalque album written and recorded by Tamás Kátai alone without János Juhász, who did not contribute to the recording this time.
- Tamás Kátai – vocals, keyboards/synthesizers, guitar, bass guitar, programming
- János Juhász – guitar, bass guitar (1998–2011)
- Sublunary Tragedies (1999)
- Microcosmos (2001)
- Tűnő Idő Tárlat (2004)
- Róka Hasa Rádió (2009)
- Rengeteg (2011)
- Cor Cordium (1999)
- "Thy Catafalque". avantgarde-metal.com. 10 October 2007.
Originally Thy Catafalque has been intended to be an Avantgarde post-black metal project
- "Róka Hasa Rádió". gothtronic.com.[dead link]
- Interview with Tamás Kátai
- Reuter, Swen (22 July 2009). "Thy Catafalque - Róka hasa rádió". powermetal.de (in German). Weihrauch Medien Verlag.
- "Dalriada készítette az év metal lemezét". Kultúra.hu (in Hungarian). Hungarian Ministry of National Resources. 10 March 2010.
- Thy Catafalque at Season Of Mist
- Thy Catafalque Reveals New Album "Rengeteg" Details
- Official website
- Season Of Mist
- Thy Catafalque info sheet at Metal-archives
- Thy Catafalque on Myspace
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|