TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) is a nonprofit trade group dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship. It sponsors the TiECON annual conference for entrepreneurs from technology companies, venture capital firms, and service providers.
TiE has 61 chapters in 17 countries, with a total membership exceeding 15,000. TiE is most closely affiliated with the South Asian business community as a networking forum for entrepreneurs and investors. TiE's sponsors include venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. The World Affairs Council of Northern California held its 2002 annual gala in honor of TiE.
TiE has three tiers of membership: Global Charter Members, Charter Members, and Members. Charter members include:
- P. K. Agarwal, CEO, TiE Global, previously CTO, State of California
- Desh Deshpande, Co-founder & Chairman, Sycamore Networks
- Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures
- Narayana Murthy, co-founder and Chief Mentor, Infosys
- Anil Kumar, Former Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Founder and CEO, Biocon
- Syed Babar Ali OBE, Founder, advisor Packages Group and former president WWF.