Tianjin Binhai International Airport
|Tianjin Binhai International Airport
Tiānjīn Bīnhăi Guójì Jīchǎng
|IATA: TSN – ICAO: ZBTJ|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Administration of China|
|Location||Dongli District, Tianjin|
|Elevation AMSL||3 m / 10 ft|
|Tonnes of cargo||194,241|
|Source: China's busiest airports by passenger traffic|
Tianjin Binhai International Airport (IATA: TSN, ICAO: ZBTJ) (simplified Chinese: 天津滨海国际机场; traditional Chinese: 天津濱海國際機場; pinyin: Tiānjīn Bīnhăi Guójì Jīchǎng) is an airport located in Dongli District, Tianjin. It is one of the major air cargo centers in the People's Republic of China.
In 2010, Tianjin Binhai International Airport handled 7,277,106 passengers, a growth of 25.9% over 2009, making it the 22nd busiest airport in China.
New terminal and second runway
Construction of a new terminal began in 2005 and was fully operating by 2008. The airport expansion provides a state-of-the-art terminal building, which is more than three times bigger than the current one at 116,000 m2. When the three construction phases are complete the airport terminal will be over 500,000 m2 and be able to handle 40 million passengers a year. Over the period of the project the airport site will enlarge from the current 25 km² to 80 km². The airport as a whole will resemble Amsterdam's Schiphol airport in size and will be able to handle over 500,000 tons of cargo and 200,000 flights a year.
The expansion, with a total investment of nearly 3 billion yuan (409.5 million U.S. dollars) widened the runway to 75 meters from 50 meters and lengthened it to 3,600 meters. In May 2009, the airport has also completed the construction of a second runway, and the expected number of passengers will exceed ten million.
Airlines and destinations
|Korean Air Cargo||Seoul/Incheon|
|ANA Cargo||Dalian, Osaka-Kansai, Tokyo-Narita |
|Grizodubova Air Company||Abakan|
|China Cargo Airlines|
|Hong Kong Airlines||Hong Kong|
|Lufthansa Cargo||Frankfurt, Krasnoyarsk|
|Singapore Airlines Cargo||Anchorage, Los Angeles, Nanjing, Shanghai-Pudong, Singapore|
In 2008, the airport handled 166,558 tonnes of freight, and became the 11th busiest airport in China. Tianjin Airport is also among the fastest-growing airports in China, registering a 20.2% increase by passenger traffic and a 33.2% increase in terms of cargo traffic in 2008.
- Transport in Tianjin
- List of airports in the People's Republic of China
- China's busiest airports by passenger traffic
- http://www.tianjin-air.com/en/frontend/information/newInfo/contractus.jsp http://www.tianjin-air.com/frontend/information/newInfo/contractus.jsp
- "Charter flights from 3 cities in China to start this month". Saipan Tribune. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Hong Kong Airlines Boosts Network with New Services to Kagoshima and Tianjin" (Press release). Hong Kong Airlines. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- (Russian) Federal State Unitary Enterprise "State Air Traffic Management Corporation", Summer Air Traffic Schedule 25.03.2007 - 27.10.2007 (Airports - Russian international), 29 May 2007, p. 67
- Airport information for ZBTJ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.