Tibet Sun is an English-language news website focusing on Tibet and the Tibetan people, world news, opinions, essays, and photography from other media. It was founded and produced by Lobsang Wangyal in 2008, and is based in Dharamshala, India. Lobsang conceived the idea of Tibet Sun in 1999, but got the domain in 2004 after chasing the parked domain for two years. The site was launched on 8.8.8 -- the opening of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
Lobsang specialises in Media, Art and Entertainment and hence Tibet Sun is his media production as a photojournalist. Lobsang is the director of the Miss Tibet Pageant, Tibetan Music Awards and Free Spirit Film Festival. His upcoming productions include Sing for Tibet on 10 October 2010, Tibet Fashion Week in 2011 and Miss Himalaya in 2012. He produced the Tibetan Olympics 2008 in Dharamshala.
 Other Tibetan news websites
- Tibet Mirror
- Tibet Post International
- Tibet Times
- Tibet Today
- Tibet newspapers - at NewsPaperIndex.com
- Staff. "Tibet Online - News (homepage)". Tibet Online. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Staff (2008). "PhosaMosa.com: Portal For Tibetan Youth: Lobsang Wangyal profile/interview". PhosaMosa.com. Retrieved 4 February 2010.[dead link]
- Staff (2008). "Tibet Sun launched". Tibet News Digest. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- Staff (2006). "Lobsang Wangyal Productions". Lobsang Wangyal Productions. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
|This Tibet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|