|Rachel Furner (Tich)|
|Birth name||Rachel Clare Furner|
|Born||1 July 1993|
|Instruments||Piano and Violin|
|Labels||Gravity Digital, AATW|
"Tich" (born Rachel Clare Furner, 1 July 1993) is a British singer/ songwriter. She originally performed under her real name 'Rachel Furner' and was signed to Mercury Records in the UK having supported artists such as Paolo Nutini, Justin Beiber and Pixie Lott. Furner left the label after 2.5 years and before releasing any material.
She emerged two years later and under a new guise, 'Tich' and released an EP titled Candelight, which was released on 20 December 2012 via Gravity. Tich later signed a record deal with AATW and began working on her debut album. She released her debut single "Dumb" on 12 May 2013 and it reached number 23 on the UK Singles Chart. Her second single "Obsession" was released on 19 August 2013 and peaked at nunber 56 in the UK. Her 3rd single "Breathe In Breathe Out" was released on April 6th 2014. Her second EP Candlelight II was released on 8 December 2013.
Furner was born in Reading but she grew up in Northampton together with her sister Kat, and began to learn to play the piano at the age of six. By age 11 she started to write some of her own songs and perform these three years later, assisted by her parents. She gained valuable experience and "had some eventful gigs, you know like forgetting halfway through how to play a song and just a lot of big lessons I learned early on". She attended Northampton High School before moving to London at the age of 16.
Tich released her debut EP Candlelight, via Gravity Digital. In 2013 she signed a record deal with AATW, and began working on new material with a number of songwriters, including Nick Jonas. Her debut single "Dumb" was released in May and reached No.23 on the UK Singles Chart. In June, she unveiled the music video for her second single "Obsession", written together with Harry Sommerdahl, Ki Fitzgerald and Chris Young. She toured with Olly Murs early 2013 while embarking on her first solo What I Meant To Say tour in October. In August, she released covers of Lana Del Rey's "Summertime Sadness and Tom Odell's "Another Love" online. In an interview with Digital Spy Tich revealed details about the new single: "The next single has got a lot more depth to it. It's not about love but another experience I went through. I think it's becoming a bit more autobiographical." Her second EP, Candlelight II was released on 6 December 2013. On 6 January 2014, Tich announced her new single "Breathe in Breathe Out" which was released on 6 April, and co-written by Nick Jonas (Jonas Brothers) and Tim Powell. It was supported by the No One But Us tour around the UK. In June 2014 Rachel Furner (Tich) signed a publishing deal with Jem Publishing, administered through Universal Music Publishing (USA).
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2013||"Dumb"||23||22||What I Meant to Say|
|2014||"Breathe in Breathe Out"||129||—|
- Listing on the Umusic Publishing website for the song "Love on Christmas Eve", (accessed January 26, 2015).
- "Press Release" Management Press Release, Huffington Post, 5 August 2013.
- "School newsitem" Report on Tich performance at her old school. Accessed 24 April 2014.
- "Tich interview: I asked Nick Jonas if he had any brothers'". Digital Spy. 7 May 2013.
- "Daft Punk stay at number one with 'Get Lucky' for fourth week". Digital Spy. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Tich premieres new single 'Obsession' music video". Digital Spy. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Tich covers Lana Del Rey, Tom Odell". Digital Spy. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Tich interview: 'I cried through a whole Britney concert". Digital Spy. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- iTunes – Music – Candlelight – EP by Tich
- Ingham, Tim (22 February 2013). "http://www.musicweek.com/news/read/universal-backs-new-craig-david-publishing-venture/053717". musicweek.com.
- Peak positions in the United Kingdom:
- Peak positions for singles in Scotland: