|Former names||BB&T Coastal Field, Coastal Federal Field|
|Location||1251 21st Avenue North
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
|Owner||Horry County/City of Myrtle Beach|
|Operator||Myrtle Beach Professional Baseball Club|
|Field size||Left field: 308 feet (94 m)
Center field: 400 feet (120 m)
Right field: 328 feet (100 m)
|Broke ground||March 11, 1998|
|Opened||April 12, 1999|
|Construction cost||$12.8 million
($18.1 million in 2015 dollars)
|Architect||Mozingo + Wallace Architects|
|Project manager||Opening Day Partners|
|Services engineer||Rast & Associates, Inc.|
|General contractor||McDevitt Street Bovis, Inc.|
|Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Carolina League) (1999-present)
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (NCAA DI Big South) (2013)
TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark (previously known as Coastal Federal Field and BB&T Coastal Field) is located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and is the home field of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a minor league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs in the Carolina League. The stadium, located just off Highway 17 in Myrtle Beach, opened in 1999. It holds up to 6,599 people. It is the finish point of the annual Bi-Lo Myrtle Beach Marathon, an athletics event held in February of each year.
TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark is also home of the annual "Baseball At The Beach" collegiate baseball tournament. Hosted by Coastal Carolina University each year, the tournament pits participating NCAA Division I baseball programs in the United States. While Charles Watson Stadium is renovated during the 2013 season, the Chanticleers will play their home schedule at TicketReturn.com Field.
The venue served as a regional host site for the 2007 NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. Coastal Carolina hosted the regional, with VCU, Clemson, and St. John's also playing in the regional. They also hosted a regional and super regional in the 2010 NCAA Tournament, losing the super regional to South Carolina.
The Texas Rangers played an exhibition game on March 29, 2011 at Pelicans Ballpark against Coastal Carolina University as a part of 2011 spring training.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Entertainment Facilities". Rast & Associates. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "Coastal Federal Field". Mozingo + Wallace. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "Facts and Figures". Minor League Baseball. March 8, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "BI-LO Marathon". Myrtle Beach Marathon. Archived from the original on December 11, 2006. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "2005 Baseball Schedule". Coastal Carolina Sports Information. Archived from the original on February 13, 2005. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "Select-A-Seat at TicketReturn.com Field Tuesday, 3-5 PM". Coastal Carolina Sports Information. February 4, 2013. Archived from the original on February 27, 2013. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- "2011 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Record Book". National Collegiate Athletic Association. 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 27, 2013. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- Blondin, Alan (March 29, 2011). "Texas Rangers in Full Force for Exhibition Against CCU". The State (Columbia, SC). Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- TicketReturn.com Field at Pelican Park
- TicketReturn.com Field Facts & Figures
- TicketReturn.com Field Views - Ball Parks of the Minor Leagues
- Texas Rangers At Coastal Carolina
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Ballpark to Get New Name