Tide-Line Blue Promotional Poster
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Umanosuke Iida|
|Produced by||Kiyoshi Sugiyama
|Written by||Yuka Yamada|
|Music by||Tsuneyoshi Saito|
Telecom Animation Film
|Licensed by||Bandai Entertainment|
|English network||Anime Selects|
|Original run||6 July 2005 – 29 September 2005|
Tide-Line Blue is set after an environmental disaster later called the "Hammer of Eden" has submerged 90% of the Earth under water and taken six billion lives. The series begins fourteen years after that event with the new and remaining countries being brought together under the New United Nations. However, Gould, a renegade submarine captain wishes to use military force to create peace in the new world order, while Aoi, the secretary-general of the New UN, wishes to use diplomacy.
Tide-Line Blue is currently available free to Comcast cable subscribers with On Demand. It can be found under the Anime Selects portion of The Cutting Edge page. Episodes 1 through 5 ran until September 22, 2008. Episodes 8 through 13 are available to view through October 20, 2008. It is also published on DVD by Bandai Entertainment and dubbed into English by Blue Water Studios.
- A 14-year-old boy living in the city of Yabitsu, a most privileged in the world.
- Ikiwakare and family at an early age and now has been taken over by the new United Nations Secretary-General's Aoi, hated as a "man of all work" that of Aoi. While showing their feelings to Isla, I have not been told about it. Owner of an impulsive nature.
- Do not rely on the good that Aoi, Yabitsu during an attack by "Ulysses" It had been living, boarded the "Ulysses" in order to protect the Isla teamed up with fellow gambling cheat. Initially had been only selfish action in reliance upon, I would like to act on their own will in the Gould in contact with us.
- A 14-year-old boy serving as a lieutenant of Captain Gould "Ulysses." He was brought up as a soldier is picked up by Gould during his childhood.
- To convey the declaration of war, landed in Yabitsu as a messenger of Gould. In the twin brother of Kiel, he reunited with in the city of confusion, was inspired to invite to "Ulysses" to him and Isla. Aoi will be sent to the former POW of the new United Nations at that time itself will be exposed to the ideal (blue rather than) the new United Nations.
- A 16-year old Girl of Goldsmith that sell to make a living sailor to stop by the town self-made accessories.
- A single mother becomes pregnant at a young age, it is a strong girl core perk without despair to reality. Undertakes the chore in the vessel to take the lead, in the submarine has become a popular person in "Ulysses."
- Keel and Teen have become emotionally attached to Ostrich. Able to understand human speech. Escaped because it was likely to be in the food, as it is acting with the teen. Compatibility with Aoi is bad.
- New UN/Mother of Keel to Secretary-General.
- "I am trying to put together a new order under the United Nations with a focus on the new world after the "Hammer of Eden", I am not able to achieve the mercy of a power struggle among the great powers. As a politician but excellent, distress not know how to deal with the keel."
- U.S. Navy captain of "Ulysses" strategic nuclear submarine. Attack of a certain country that tear up the cease-fire when they attended the signing ceremony of a certain country cease-fire that had been hostile to the new United Nations, I seriously injured burn the right half of the face.
- Hated the war, once had to agree to the ideals set forth the mallow, then lost all his men during the signing ceremony ceasefire he would be considered as Aoi and will aim for world peace in a different way, new declare a break with the United Nations, declared war against the whole world.
- Deputy "Ulysses." 19-year-old woman.
- A beautiful and quiet, "I have admired the firm belief Gould. Can not be anything else but excellent as a soldier, when you are acting with the keel is overwhelmed with anxiety, he was disoriented from normally unimaginable".
- Kazuma Satoyama (里山一馬 Satoyama Kazuma?)
- Voiced by: Etsuo Yokobori (Japanese), Jim Sarantis (English)
- Maritime Self-Defense Force warship Aegis destroyer Captain "Teshio" (new UN fleet flagship). Alone once became a confidant to agree to the establishment of a new United Nations together with Aoi Gould, are now hostile to severe sprain to Gould that way.
- The captain of the "Electra" nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. Engaged in reconstruction work of Yabitsu that was destroyed in the attack of "Ulysses".
- Deputy "Teshio" (「てしお」副長 "Teshio" Fuku?)
- Voiced by: Suzuki Tatsuhisa (Japanese), Johnathan Love (English)
- Served as the assistant of woodlands.
- Captain "Gotland" stealth cruiser. Student of Gould. Being sunk to undertake a diversionary trumps "Ulysses."
- New UN Deputy Secretary-General. Served as the assistant of Aoi, He is managing the room with the map of the New World Horotanku.
- President of the Republic of Wei. Negative in the philosophy of the new United Nations, it is only pursuing its own interests in place of the General Assembly.
- An American oil tycoon. Aoi's cooperative person.
- A young Tibet Pope. She was asked to cooperate in building a new order in the Aoi.
- Captain of the floating dock to make a living by the repair of the ship. Although the nature of the sea rough manly, honest person promises we exchanged once protected. Undertake the repair of "Ulysses" lost the game and gaming Kiel.
- The girl who has a gambling cheat with the keel. After the attack Yabitsu of "Ulysses", refuge in Tibet.
- The boy who has a gambling cheat with the keel. Yabitsu during an attack of "Ulysses", killed in the confusion.
- Kiel (キール Kīru?)
- Isla's newborn child. The origin of the name, Kiel helped us birth. However, it was the birth really helped me was not the Kiel Teen.
- Teen Kiel and mother. When you return to Earth along with the Teen and Keel, I died in an accident of the spacecraft.
- Teen Kiel and father. Family escape to Earth had been stationed in the "Freedom" Space Station with his wife and children, I'm making a map of the world that is rapidly changing terrain left alone.
Depictions of Technology
This series is known for being relatively realistic in its use of technology and the technical accuracy of its animation.
- Ulysees: Evidently named after Ulysses. A siamese submarine commanded by Gould, formerly of the US Navy. It is actually two submarines combined: a nuclear ballistic missile submarine (SSBN), with a nuclear attack submarine (SSN) connected below. It is reportedly 27,777-tons, 202 m length, 18.4 m width, and 31.1 m height. It uses submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBM), cruise missiles (SLCM), torpedoes, and anti-ship missiles such as the UGM-84 Harpoon. It also has manned submersibles which are kept in the nuclear attack submarine section.
- Teshio: A 160-meter, 5050-ton Aegis-equipped escort ship, formerly of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force and now the New UN's flagship. Uses the ASROC anti-submarine missile system, an anti-ship missile called SSM-1B, a missile called SM-3, and surface-to-air missiles (SAM). It also has a helicopter deck.
- Han: A nuclear attack submarine from the country of Gui (formerly China) that has a stealth propulsion mode, and unguided supercavitation torpedoes. It is 11,050-tons, 120 m length, 25.3 m width, and 21.2 m in height.
- Gotland: A 155-meter, 12,032-ton stealth cruiser, formerly of the Swedish Navy (visually resembles the real Visby class corvette, and named after the Gotland class submarines). Uses a Vertical Launching System (VLS), Close-in weapon system (CIWS), anti-ship missiles and a cannon. It also has a helicopter deck. There are similar ships in the New UN fleet, called Silurian-class, which do not have the camouflage paint used on the Gotland.
- Narushio: A diesel-electric submarine, formerly of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force.
- Freedom: A manned space station orbiting Earth. Originally a private venture, it was intended to search for coal deposits. After the Hammer of Eden it was used to map the new surface of the Earth, as well as underwater terrain and new ocean currents.
|#||Title||Original air date|
"Fujōsuru Bōrei — Spirit" (浮上する亡霊 — Spirit)
"Uragirimono — Traitor" (裏切者 — Traitor)
"DūraBīra — DholaVira" (ドゥーラビィーラ — DholaVira)
"Yakuwari — Share" (役割り — Share)
"Kōgeki — Offense" (攻撃 — Offense)
"K2 — K2" (K2 — K2)
"Inori no Machi — Praying" (祈りの都市(まち) — Praying)
"Saikai — Reunite" (再会 — Reunite)
"Atarashii Chizu — the Globe" (新しい地図 — the Globe)
"Wakare — Separation" (別れ — Separation)
|11||"Battle of Metasequoia"
"Metasekoia Kaisen — Battle of Metasequoia" (メタセコイア海戦 — Battle of Metasequoia)
"Burū — Blue" (ブルー — Blue)
"Kyōdai — Brother" (兄弟 — Brother)
|OVA DVD - 2006-04-26
(released along ep. 12 as DVD vol. 7 in Japan)
- "BLUE TREASURE" Performed by: Minami Kuribayashi
|Composed and Arranged by:||Iizuka Maasaki|
|Lyrics by:||Minami Kuribayashi|
- 'VOICE" Performed by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
|Composed and Arranged by:||R・O・N|
|Lyrics by:||Tatsuhisa Suzuki|
- The kanji is normally read as Inori no Toshi, but in this case, 都市 is read as Machi, as indicated by the hiragana in parentheses.