December 26, 1982
Beaumont, Texas U.S.
Tiffany Derry (born December 26, 1982) is an American chef based in Dallas, Texas. She is well known for her appearances on Top Chef and will be appearing regularly on Spike TV's "Hungry Investors" in 2014.
Derry was born in Beaumont, Texas and graduated from The Art Institute of Houston in 2003 with an Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts. Derry competed in Top Chef Season 7 in Washington, D.C. and won fan favorite after placing fifth. She also competed among the All-Star chefs in Season 8 and finished fourth as a finalist.
Derry was the chef and owner of "Private|Social" in Dallas from 2011 to 2013. In 2012, Derry founded her professional website promoting her culinary career and her restaurant, "Private|Social." She is in the process of opening her own restaurant in her hometown of Beaumont. Derry appeared on an episode of Spike TV's Bar Rescue in June 2013, and has appeared in a commercial promoting her alma mater, "The Art Institute of Houston".
In November 2013, she was the day's winner on an episode of Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen and she currently appears on the Spike TV series Hungry Investors, which debuted in 2014. Derry serves as a part of a three-person team, headed by host Jon Taffer, that evaluates struggling restaurants to determine their investment potential. In addition, she appears on the Spike series Bar Rescue as one of Taffer's food consultants, helping to improve the menus and kitchen operations of failing bars.
In 2013, Derry was awarded the Hall of Fame by the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities.
- "Tiffany Derry". The Art Institutes. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "BravoTV.com Top Chef Season 8 Bios: Tiffany Derry, Season 7". BravoTV.com.
- "Tiffany Derry steps down from Private Social". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Chef Tiffany Derry hopes to open a Beaumont eatery". beaumontenterprise.com. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Dallas Chef Tiffany Derry Is on Bar RescueTonight, and Has Some Wisdom in the Meantime". Dallas Observer. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- ArtInstitutes. "Famous chef Tiffany Derry: Art Institutes grad". YouTube. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Turn on the TV: That's where you'll find Dallas Chef Tiffany Derry". DallasNews.com. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Top Chef’ Tiffany Derry to Teach Rolling Pin Classes". Stagnito Media. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "2013 Hall of Fame Awarded to Chef Tiffany Derry". ASPCU. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tiffany Derry.|
- Official website
- http://www.opentable.com/private-social, http://dallas.eater.com/places/private-social
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article on a chef is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an educator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|