Tiffany Michelle photographed by Tiffany J Photography.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|Information accurate as of 03-29-2012.|
Tiffany Michelle is an American poker player and actress, named by Maxim Magazine one of the Top 20 Hottest Celebrity Poker Players in 2010 and 2012. Born and raised in Los Angeles County, she is widely known for being the Last Woman Standing at the 2008 World Series of Poker Main Event, and also for competing on the Emmy Award winning 15th season of The Amazing Race. Michelle currently portrays the character, Scarlett (Kane) DeVanity, on the Emmy nominated soap opera series, DeVanity.
Originally an on-camera host and formally trained actress, Michelle gained fame as a poker player at the 2008 World Series of Poker, televised on ESPN. From a field of 6,844 players she finished in 17th place and was the last female player remaining in the 7-day tournament. Statistically, her finish broke the record for the largest field ever conquered by a female in live poker tournament history and earned a payday of $334,534.
One of few poker personalities to cross over into mainstream media, Michelle has been featured on the covers of Steppin’ Out magazine, Ocean View magazine, Rounder magazine, Casino Player magazine and has appeared on a variety of television programs including LA Ink, Worst Cooks in America, World Series of Blackjack and as a recurring expert on Fox Business Network’s Cavuto.  Notable acting credits include, Days of Our Lives , ER, American Dreams , and as a season 4 series regular on DeVanity.
Born and raised in Los Angeles County, it was while working as an actress that Tiffany got her start in poker, playing Hollywood house games for fun with friends and fellow actors, which included Zachary Levi and Joel David Moore. With a knowledge of poker, coupled with her television background she began booking jobs as an on-camera poker host and commentator. In 2006, she was heard nationwide on Sirius Satellite Radio as an on-air reporter for Bluff Magazine's live broadcast of the 2006 WSOP. In 2007, she became the first ever female hired as an on-camera host for Pokernews.com, and traveled the poker circuit internationally to provide tournament updates, player interviews and red carpet coverage for poker tournaments and events worldwide, on the European Poker Tour, World Poker Tour and World Series of Poker.
On the heels of her 2008 record-breaking WSOP finish, Michelle made another deep run and cashed at the World Poker Tour season 7 Borgata Poker Open Main Event. Over the next few years she continued to put up results in live and online tournaments, including three final tables in November 2010; two at the North American Poker Tour and one final table at the Heartland Poker Tour.
In 2009, Tiffany joined her best friend and fellow 2007 WSOP Last Woman Standing poker pro, Maria Ho, to compete on the 15th season of the CBS competition reality show, The Amazing Race. The two comprised the season's only all-female team and finished just three episodes shy of the finale
Tiffany began acting in theatrical productions at the age of ten. She performed extensively in productions at the Lancaster Performing Arts Center, landing roles in musical adaptations of Pinocchio, Beauty and The Beast, Cinderella and starring in Alice in Wonderland. Michelle was recognized by the Missoula Children's Theatre, two years in a row, as one of their "Best Young Performers."
During her high school years she competed in several pageants, winning the titles of Miss Teen Newhall 2000, Miss Teen Santa Clarita Valley 2001 and she was voted Miss Congeniality at the 2001 Miss Teenage California pageant, where she was a Top 10 finalist.
While studying theatre at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, CA, Tiffany continued performing in stage plays, as well as spearheaded the school's Speech & Debate Team. As the Speech & Debate team captain she competed, primarily, in Individual Events and won trophies nationally for her Dramatic Interpretation and Prose Interpretation performances. After two-years with the C.O.C. theatre program, then studying with UCLA's Film & Television Department, Michelle transitioned from performing on stage to the screen; appearing on ER, Guilty or Innocent, the 2002 remake of Family Affair and American Dreams.
One of Michelle's biggest roles, and most dramatic performances, came in 2005 when she starred opposite One Life to Live's David Fumero in the award winning independent film Carrie's Choice, based on a true story. The following year she landed a lead role in the horror film The Thirst: Blood War, starring Sean Connery's son, Jason Connery. The production was later halted and put on hold until 2008, at which point it was recast.
After a long sabbatical from acting (2008-2012), Tiffany Michelle returned to the screen in early 2012 with appearances on Days of our Lives and a guest-starring role on the award-winning soap opera series, DeVanity. Michelle would later return to the show, in its fourth season, as a series regular, playing the daughter of actor Steve Kanaly, Scarlett (Kane) DeVanity.
Tiffany Michelle’s talents and artistry include music. A singer/songwriter, she plays piano and guitar and has performed at several legendary Hollywood music venues, including BB Kings, and Hotel Cafe. In 2010, Tiffany headlined a special collaborative music show with guest performances by celebrity music artists and friends Maria Ho, American Idol's Chikezie and 90210 actor, Ryan Eggold.
The Amazing Race
With notoriety as a female professional poker player, and competitive personality Tiffany has been invited to compete on a variety of reality shows. In 2009, she missed the World Series of Poker Main Event to film the 15th season of the CBS seven-time Emmy Award winning reality show The Amazing Race. Alongside best friend and fellow poker player, Maria Ho the two made up the season's only all-female team and they traveled to Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Dubai, and The Netherlands, exiting the competition in 6th place. The show won the Emmy Award that season for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program.
Worst Cooks in America
In 2012, Tiffany competed as one of 16 contestants on season three of Food Network's Worst Cooks in America. She was picked by chef Bobby Flay to compete as a member of his "Blue team." Tiffany won the Main Dish breakfast challenge in episode one as well as a pizza making Skill Drill in episode three. She made it down to the final three contestants on Bobby Flay's team and was sent home in episode six.
- "Celebrity Poker Aces". Maxim.com. 2012-06-28. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "16 Hottest Poker Players". Maxim.com. 2012-06-28. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES ANNOUNCES THE 41ST ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY® AWARD NOMINATIONS". EmmyOnline.org. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Tiffany Michelle Eliminated from 2008 WSOP - Bodog Beat". Beat.bodog.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Worst Cooks in America season 3". MultiVu.com. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Tiffany Michelle Looking Good On Neil Cavuto". wickedchopspoker.com. 2010-01-29. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Tiffany Michelle Joins Cast of DeVanity". blogger.com. 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Tiffany Michelle Biography". Tiffanymichelle.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- Daniel Negreanu. "Tiffany Michelle - Poker Player Profile". Pokerpages.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Tiffany Michelle Gives the Inside Scoop on Amazing Race". Pokernewsdaily.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Biography for Tiffany Michelle". IMDB.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "2001 Miss Teenage California Award Winners". webspawner.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Tiffany Michelle". IMDB.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Carrie's Choice Home Page". Carrieschoice.homestead.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "DeVanity Books Poker Hottie Tiffany Michelle for Season 2 Premiere". Free-press-release.com. 2011-08-15. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Tonight's Top Five". LA.com. 2007-09-01. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Heck Yes I'll Miss WSOP for Amazing Race". Gambling911.com. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Amazing Race's Maria and Tiffany". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Best of the Worst". FoodNetwork.com. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Blue Comes Up Big". FoodNetwork.com. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Butchered, Literally". FoodNetwork.com. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tiffany Michelle.|