Tigard High School
|Tigard High School|
|9000 SW Durham Road
Tigard, Oregon, Washington County, 97224
|School district||Tigard-Tualatin School District|
|Number of students||2100|
|Color(s)||Green, black, and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Pacific Conference 6A-5|
Tigard High School's Destination Imagination team, coached by Bob McMillan, won Global Championships in creative problem solving in 2000 and 2002.
- Baseball: 1957, 1988
- Girl's Basketball: 1974, 1988
- Water Polo: 1984, 1987
- Boys Cross Country: 1985
- Football: 1990, 2003
- Girl's Soccer: 1991, 1992, 1993
- Boy's Basketball: 1993, 2002
- Dance team: 2000, 2008
- Marching Band: 2001, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013
- Winterguard: 2008, 2011
- Winter Drumline:2009, 2010
- Boy's Track and Field: 2010
- Speech and Debate: 2010, 2013
During the 2007–2008 school year at Tigard High School, then-principal Pam Henslee announced she was stepping down at the end of the school year. In March, the Tigard-Tualatin school board announced that Jon Schuhl was to be the new principal starting the following school year (2008–2009).
In April, Schuhl was pulled over for a traffic violation and refused to take a breathalyzer test, causing his driver's license to be suspended under Oregon law. The school board did not find out about the incident until Schuhl was arrested in November for driving with a suspended license. He resigned a few weeks later on November 21, 2008, with vice-principal Barb Proctor acting as principal for the remainder of the year. Mark Neffendorf, principal at Bend High School and former basketball coach at Glencoe and Westview, was chosen to replace Proctor at the beginning of the 2009–2010 school year.
- "Tigard High School Website". Tigard High SChool.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Tigard High gets new principal". The Oregonian. 2008-03-11.
- Hammond, Betsy (2009-09-10). "New principals for Portland-area high schools". OregonLive.com (The Oregonian). Retrieved 2009-09-10.