|Origin||Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Genres||Indie rock, emo, pop punk|
|Labels||Run for Cover Records, Prison Jazz Records, Tiny Engines Records, Summersteps Records|
|Associated acts||The Menzingers, Title Fight, Three Man Cannon, Kite Party|
|Past members||Adam McIlwee
Tigers Jaw is a band from Scranton, Pennsylvania. They have released three studio albums They also released a 7-inch, "Spirit Desire", in 2009, on Tiny Engines Records. On March 21, 2013, Tigers Jaw announced that they will be going on hiatus. However, on August 6, 2013, Run for Cover Records posted that the band never officially stated that they were going to break up. The band will still be making music, and they recorded a new album with all of the original members.
The punk music website AbsolutePunk gave their debut record a generally positive review, noting that "Tigers Jaw is fueled by emotionally-driven lyrics brought to life by vocalist Adam McIlwee, whose voice is one of those that reveal passion while at the same time giving the impression that he's barely trying. Aforementioned opener "The Sun" is one of the better tracks on the album, offering up a well-organized mix of Tigers Jaw's two personas." 
Another punk music website, Punknews.org, in their critique of their second eponymous album, felt that the tracks "'Plane vs. Tank vs. Submarine' and 'Chemicals' were particularly notable for "solid guitar work in the form of weeping, goosebump-inducing solos. Strong vocal harmonies and bouncy guitar work carry both "I Saw Water" and "Heat" to heights other bands would have a hard time reaching."  The band's name is a reference to a song by lo-fi band The Microphones. They also have a number of songs whose titles reference songs by the band.
On March 21, 2013, Tigers Jaw made an announcement on their tumblr. "After our show in Scranton two weeks ago, Adam, Pat, and Dennis let Ben and I know that for personal reasons they are unable to do Tigers Jaw anymore. This was a surprise for the both of us, but everyone is on good terms, and we respect and support them and their decisions.
A full band Tigers Jaw lineup (consisting of Ben and I with the help of some talented friends) will be doing a full US tour in May–June as well as the UK dates of the previously announced tour with the Menzingers in August. We regret to announce that we will have to cancel the mainland Europe dates. We apologize to the promoters, venues, and anyone who bought tickets.
These are likely to be the last Tigers Jaw tours for the foreseeable future. US tour dates will be announced soon. Thanks.
Many fans interpreted this announcement to mean that the band was breaking up. However, Ben Walsh (vocals, guitar) and Brianna Collins (vocals, keyboards) have since clarified that they will continue doing Tigers Jaw as a two piece.
Members of Basement (band) filled in for former members of Tigers Jaw during their 2013 UK tour.
Tigers Jaw announced their newest studio album, Charmer, on March 21, 2014 along with the single "Nervous Kids".
- Current members
- Brianna Collins – keyboards, vocals (2005–present)
- Ben Walsh – guitars, vocals (2005–present)
- Former members
- Mike May – drums (2005)
- Adam McIlwee – guitars, vocals (2005-2013)
- Dennis Mishko – bass (2005-2013)
- Pat Brier – drums (2005-2013)
Current touring members
- Luke Schwartz – bass (2014–present)
- Eliot Babin – drums (2014–present)
- Jake Woodruff – guitars (2014–present)
Former touring members
- Andrew Fisher – bass (2013)
- James Fisher – drums (2013)
- Derrick Sherman – guitars, vocals (2013)
- Belongs to the Dead (2006)
- Tigers Jaw (2008)
- Two Worlds (2010)
- Charmer (2014)
- Spirit Desire (Tiny Engines, 2009)
- Split with Balance and Composure (No Sleep Records/Run for Cover Records, 2010)
- Run for Cover Acoustic Series No. 1 (Run for Cover Records, 2010)
- Run for Cover Acoustic Series No. 2 (Run for Cover Records, 2010)
- Split with the Sidekicks (Shout Out Loud Prints, 2011)
- Gypsy b/w Jimmy Piersall (Alternate Version) (Run for Cover Records, 2011)
- Chemicals (Alternate Version) (Run for Cover Records, 2011)
- Split with Tiny Empires (Run for Cover Records, 2012)
- Split with Code Orange Kids, The World Is a Beautiful Place..., and Self Defense Family (Run for Cover Records, 2013)
- Hum/Cool (Run for Cover Records, 2013)
- Two Worlds (2010)
- Hum (2014)
- Compilation Blues! (Summersteps Records, 2008)
- The Dan Aykroyd Compilation (Summersteps Records, 2009)
- Mixed Signals (Run for Cover Records, 2011)
- The Kids Are Alright (Fair Weather Records, 2011)
- Stuck in the Valley (Walk All Night Records, 2012)
- Off the Board: A Studio 4 Family Compilation (Will Yip, 2013)
- "Tigers Jaw". Last.fm. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Two Worlds CD Run for Cover Records". Run for Cover Records. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Tiny Engines Spirit Desire". Tiny Engines Records. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Tigers Jaw - Tigers Jaw". Absolute Punk.net. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Tigers Jaw - Tigers Jaw". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2011-06-16.