Tikona Digital Networks
|Type||Broadband service provider|
|Industry||Internet service provider|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key people||Prakash Bajpai (Founder, MD & CEO)|
Tikona Digital Networks (TDN), referred to simply as Tikona, is an Indian Internet service provider based in Mumbai. TDN has an all-India Class-A ISP license granted by the Ministry of Communications, government of India. Private equity companies Goldman Sachs Investment Partners (22.8 percent stake), Indivision India Partners (13.46% stake), Oak India Investments (23.55% stake) and Green Lotus Investments (10.09% stake) have invested in Tikona. In 2008, it was founded in Mumbai. It is India’s foremost wireless broadband service provider. By mid-2010, Tikona had a base of 150,000 customers, including 6000 small and medium business customers.
Tikona plans to launch TD-LTE-based 4G wireless broadband services in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh (East) and Uttar Pradesh (West) in October 2012.[dated info] Malaysia's mobile operator Axiata has been holding discussions with Tikona and may pick up a stake in the company.  Tikona offers wireless broadband services to home consumers, small businesses and educational institutions across the country.
Inspite of criticism, Tikona does use a state of art wireless technology, and does provide good service in areas where it has a good signal coverage. The company does not overcharge on broadband plans and does provide what it promises. However, certain service issues mentioned below arise due to its agressive franchisee based model and fine print which most normal users fail to read.
Lawsuit threats 
Some Tikona customers received phone calls from a man claiming to be a Tikona representative threatening to begin legal actions against them. It is unclear whether or not these were fraudulent or hoax calls. However, it is certain that this company chooses to use unscrupulous methods to amass money from customers and delays disconnections till the time a new bill is generated. Many customers get trapped and payup. The company on its mails will never claim dues. Once paid, refunds are next to impossible. Such practices are rampantly reported on web.    
Cheating by Tikona employees 
Tikona employees collect amounts fo fix connection issues, and never return. The Company then claims that they never received such money. Such practices have been reported on the web. Tikona has also been accused of falsely billing its customers, and promising refunds post payments which never materialize. Service quality issues have also been reported with no resolution offered for service quality once money is paid. Company refuses to indulge in any written communication and uses a network of goons impersonating as advocates to harass people.  . One starting point can be using the experiences of several hapless old customers who chose to exit their subscription and are still getting extortion calls and building bills unendingly.
Suspected self-praising replies by Tikona employees 
Some websites claim that Tikona employees disguise themselves as customers and post positive reviews/praises on the company's products and services. In contrast, the overall rating of company's products and services was found to be lowest, as compared to its immediate rivals (0.02/10.0) .
- "Tikona to go RIL way on BWA tech - Corporate News". livemint.com. 2010-07-05. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Tikona in talks to share broadband with 3G enabled telcos". The Hindu Business Line. 2010-07-12. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Why Is Tikona Bidding For Broadband Spectrum, When It Already Operates In Free, Unlicensed Spectrum? - Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Tikona Digital Networks - About TDN". Tikona.in. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Tikona Digital Networks launches operations in Delhi". Indiainfoline.com. 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Axiata may pick up stake in Tikona broadband".
- "ConsumerForum http://www.consumercourtforum.in/f40/compaint-against-tikona-harssing-grounds-already-paid-bills-89140/".
- "ComplaintBoard http://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/tikona-broadband-l175820/page/2".
- "ConsumerCourt http://www.consumercourt.in/internet-services/116292-tikona-broaband-call-paymen-due-after-8-months-date-disconnection-request.html".
- "grahakseva http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints/118617/tikona-legal-fraud".
- "grahakseva http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints/133688/fraud-from-tikona-digital".
- "consumercourt http://www.consumercourt.in/internet-services/113992-tikona-broadband-internet-complaint-tikona-cheating-harassing-consumers-fraud-compnay.html".
- "grahakseva http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints/115098/tikona-extorting-my-money".
- "Helpful CC of Tikona - customer experience http://www.consumercourt.in/broadband/117180-helpful-cc-tikona-customer-experience.html".
- "Consumer rank for reviews... http://www.consumerdaddy.com/consumer-ranking-list-utilities-internet-service-providers-wireless-c244-r5-p1.htm".
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|